Canada has announced that if you have submitted a Canadian Visitor Visa Application before September 7, 2021, then you are recommended to submit a new application.
Due to COVID-19, the visitor visa processing times have been delayed and backlogged more than usual. If you’ve been waiting for a decision and want to travel to Canada in the near future, then you may need to resubmit a new application.
Reasons You Should Submit a New Canada Visitor Visa Application
- if you applied for a Canada Visitor Visa before September 7th, 2021
- to unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
- to unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
- to unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.
- to visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
- to attend an end-of-life ceremony or funeral
- to be present during the final moments of life of a loved one
- to provide care to a critically ill person
- to join a vessel as a marine crew member
- to assume a posting as a diplomat or to travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on posting who will also be accredited in Canada
- to handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
When you apply for a new visitor visa application, your original application will be withdrawn. You may not receive a refund from the IRCC.
How VisaPlace Can Help with Resubmitting Visitor Visa Application
If you have been waiting for a Canada Visitor Visa decision, you may need to resubmit your application according to the latest IRCC announcement. VisaPlace can help you avoid the headache of reapplying. Our team of immigration professionals can help you successfully visit Canada. Although no one can promise guarantees, we are certain we can help you increase your chances with our extensive experience in Canadian Visitor Visas.