I am being transferred to the US

Many people assume that if you are being transferred to a United States office of a foreign company, there is no real requirement for a visa. However, the truth is just the opposite. Even if you are being transferred to the United States by your employer, you require a visa. In this situation, when a business is expanding to the United States, the visa is the L1 visaL1 Visa for the United States 5

This visa is a visa that is meant for international transfer of employees and the expansion of business, and there are many criteria that must be met to be eligible for one.

Am I eligible for an L1 visa for the United States?

Employees who apply for an L1 visa must be a manager, specialized knowledge employee, or executive of the foreign company in question. They cannot be a new employee, and will have to have worked at the company for at least one year within the last three years, full time.

After the transfer, the foreign company must remain in business actively outside of the United States – the business is not moving to the United States, only expanding into the United States.

The company must also be related to the United States company in a certain way, such as being a parent company, affiliate company, subsidiary company, joint venture partner or branch of the company.

Are you expanding your business to the United States, want to learn more about corporate immigration, or want assistance with your L1 visa application so that you know it is ready for processing immediately? We have been in business for over 15 years helping people from all over the world work in the United States. We can help you too. Give us a call at the number above or email us using the form on the right.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Completely smooth process. Rania did a great job in my Canada work permit. The team is absolutely competent and knowledgeable. Alicea was so amazing and was able to answer any of my questions immediately. I had peace of mind throughout the application. I would recommend them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications.

Theressa Jaranillain the last week

I highly recommend VisaPlace to anyone seeking help with navigating the legal minefield that is Permanent Residency. As someone who is very easily stressed, Lauren & Mariana have saved me a lot of sleepless nights. They are fast, efficient, reliable and honest and I will be telling any of my friends to use them for immigration. Thanks to them, my future with my husband in Canada is bright

Hannah James2 weeks ago

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugha month ago