Refused entry to Canada

Canada welcomes hundreds of thousands of temporary visitors every single year – could you be one of them? Unfortunately, of the many people that come to Canada through the US-Canada land border or through Canadian airports, not everyone will be allowed into the country. This is for security reasons, but in some cases people who do not pose a security risk are often caught up in red tape and can’t enter the country. Temporary Resident Permit To Enter Canada

This is because Canada may deny you entry if you have a criminal record, even if that criminal record is for something very minor or for something that happened long ago in the past, even decades ago.

But what can you do?

What to do when you are refused entry to Canada

If you are refused entry to Canada, your first step should be to speak with a licensed immigration lawyer. It is also a very wise move to speak with a licensed immigration lawyer before you travel to Canada if you even think you could be refused entry to avoid a significant waste of time and money.

A licensed immigration lawyer can review the reasons you are or could be inadmissible to Canada, and then help you look into whether you have options. You could be able to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit, which is like temporary permission to enter the country, but this is not a permanent solution.

A process called criminal rehabilitation is also available, and this will allow you to overcome your inadmissibility permanently. However, this process is long and very complicated.

Whatever your concerns, please contact us! We have helped many people in your situation or in similar situations, and we can help you too. Contact us at the number above or the e-mail form on the right for a consultation.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.

Jason Mayerin the last week

The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.

Brad Davies2 weeks ago

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walker3 weeks ago