Have you been refused entry to Canada?

Being denied entry to Canada can put a serious dent in your travel plans, and maybe even cancel them completely. The worst situation is when you had no idea you were inadmissible to Canada, and it comes as a complete surprise. The fact is, people are denied entry to Canada every day no matter who they are or where they’re from – all because of criminal records and other issues, with criminal records being the most common. Denied Entry to Canada 5

If you wish to enter Canada, but know or worry you are criminally inadmissible, read on:

What can I do if I have been denied entry to Canada?

If you have been denied entry to Canada, you have two main options. One is that you apply for a temporary resident permit (TRP) and the second is that you apply for criminal rehabilitation.

A temporary resident permit is just that – temporary. But it is a great way to enter the country for a short period of time in an emergency. While it is a very quick application process, these are still not easy to obtain.

A criminal rehabilitation application will take much longer, but it is a permanent solution to your inadmissibility, removing it.

If you are inadmissible to Canada, not each of these solutions will apply to you as it depends on a number of factors including the age of your criminal conviction. However, when you are inadmissible to Canada it can make you feel a bit better to know that you do have options.

If you are denied entry or refused entry to Canada, your next step should be to speak with a licensed immigration lawyer who has experience in denial of entry cases to assess your case and explore your options. Give us a call!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • Antony

    My wife’s sister is a Canadian permanent resident. I just want to visit Canada. I had $6000 in my account. Eventhough she invited me, i got my Temporary resident visa refused just to visit even for 3 months. I want to reapply. I am Married,27 years old,Has a job here in India. Kindly need your advice. Thanks!

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.

Jason Mayerin the last week

The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.

Brad Davies2 weeks ago

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walker3 weeks ago