Have you been denied entry to Canada?

When traveling to Canada, it can be extremely inconvenient, disappointing and costly to be denied entry to Canada when visiting family, traveling for business or planning a vacation in Canada.

People are usually denied entry to Canada because of a criminal past, but can even be denied for minor offences that occurred years and years ago.

Those who have been denied entry to the United States can apply for a waiver of inadmissibility, but the process when being denied entry to Canada is a bit different. When you’ve been denied entry to Canada, you can apply for a Temporary Residency Permit, or TRP.

This process of applying for a Temporary Resident Permit can be done directly at the border when trying to gain entry to Canada if the applicant is from a visa exempt country such as the United States. However, this can present a serious problem if your application is denied and you’ve already traveled all the way to the border.

Crimes that are over five years old and are preventing you from being granted entry to Canada can also be pardoned in your home country.

Consult with an immigration lawyer if you have been denied entry to Canada to determine your best course of action and increase your changes of successfully gaining entry into Canada.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.

Jason Mayerin the last week

The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.

Brad Davies2 weeks ago

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walker3 weeks ago