Denied entry to Canada? We can help.

If you have been denied entry to Canada, you may have felt extremely stressed and upset. Unfortunately, this actually happens often. In addition, you may be concerned that you will be denied entry to Canada and you might avoid coming to Canada because you don’t want to take chances. In most cases, a criminal record causes these denials. Denied Entry to Canada

However, a denial of entry to Canada is not the end of the line for you. You actually have options that you can explore in order to overcome or remove your inadmissibility.

Options when you are denied entry to Canada

People who are inadmissible to Canada generally have two options: They may apply for a temporary resident permit (TRP) or they may apply for criminal rehabilitation.

A temporary resident permit is usually the best option when you have a criminal record that is less than five years old. This is a temporary document that will allow you into Canada, but once it expires you will have to apply for another one in order to return to Canada. While these documents can be applied for at the Canadian border, they are not necessarily easy to obtain.

Criminal rehabilitation is an ideal option for suitable candidates who have a criminal record that is over five years old. Criminal rehabilitation is a lengthy application process that cannot be completed at the border, but it is a permanent way of removing your criminal inadmissibility.

We are an immigration law firm that has been helping people overcome and remove their inadmissibility for over 15 years. We are here to help you, too! Please give us a call at the telephone number above, or you can also e-mail us on the right in order to get an assessment of your case. You are closer than you think!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugh3 weeks ago

Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!

P Eyre3 weeks ago

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheonga month ago