Denied entry to Canada for a crime?

Many people don’t realize that a criminal past can affect their ability to enter other countries. Nowhere is this more true than when it comes to entering Canada, even if you are from the United States. Anyone can be denied entry, and most often people are denied entry to Canada because they have a criminal record – even a criminal record for a small offense or for something that happened many years ago. Denied entry to Canada

If you do have a criminal record and the Canadian border officials are aware of it, they will not let you into Canada. As a result, you will be forced to turn around and go back where you came from, which can be embarrassing.

What to do when you are denied entry to Canada

You are not without options if you’ve been denied entry to Canada. In fact, there are two things to choose from. But which one of these options is right for you depends on a number of factors, including your personal situation.

For example, if your criminal record is because of something that happened a long time ago (like five years ago or more), you could apply for criminal rehabilitation to remove your criminal inadmissibility. While this application takes a long time, it is a permanent solution.

A less permanent solution is the temporary resident permit, which will allow you into Canada on a temporary basis. It will help you overcome your inadmissibility for a bit, but not remove it completely.

Need Help with being Denied Entry to Canada?

We have helped thousands of people overcome their inadmissibility issues for both Canada and the United States, and we can help you too. Please contact us at the telephone number above, or email us using the contact form to your right. We can help you!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.