Preparing for your Immigration Interview Plus 25 Sample Questions
The immigration interview can be the most difficult part of the application process. It doesn’t have to be, though! Keep in mind that the interview process is designed to verify the information on your request and to test what you know about Canada. While passing the immigration interview is crucial to your success, try not to stress about it too much, and keep the following things in mind:
Bring all the necessary documents for the interview. Before you arrive for the interview, double check that you have all the paperwork that you were told to bring with you. Then, doublecheck the location of the interview and make sure to arrive at the place early. You don’t want to rush or to be flustered.
Good communication is essential in during your interview. Listen to the questions carefully when they are asked. Ask the interviewer to repeat the questions if you don’t understand them, and make sure to speak clearly and confidently when you answer.
Make sure you are dressed appropriately and professionally for your interview. You want to make a good impression!
Finally, in advance think about your answers to the questions that your interviewers might ask. Go over the information on your application and think about why you want to move to Canada, what you see as challenges, and what you know about Canada.
The following questions can help you prepare so that you feel confident going into your interview.
- Why do you want to move to Canada?
- Have you used someone else’s help in preparing your application?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge of immigrating to Canada?
- What are your religious views?
- What would you do if you couldn’t find a job in Canada?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Have you ever used any name besides your current name?
- Can you tell us about any overseas travel you might have undertaken?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Have you ever been treated for any severe mental or physical illness or any chronic disorder?
- Why did you want to leave your home country?
- Why did you decide to move to <city>?
- How confident are you in your English or French abilities (Speaking, reading, writing)?
- What is your source of income?
- Do you have any debt?
- What do you want to do in Canada and what is your goal there?
- What if your application is not approved?
- Please describe your typical working day.
- Are you married and do you have children?
- How many Canadian provinces can you name?
- Who is Canada’s current prime minister?
- Can you name some famous Canadians?
- How many Canadian cities can you name?
- What do you think is the cost of living in Canada?
- Do you have family or friends in Canada?
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.
Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.