The capital of Canada, Ottawa, recently launched a campaign in India to inform and warn prospective immigrants of using immigration consultants in India. Ottawa is located in Ontario but close to Montreal and the US border. The majority of Canadian laws and regulations are made in Ottawa which makes this warning very serious.
The immigration department’s spokesperson, Shannon Ker, stated that this information campaign is the department’s first paid media campaign. “As more Indian nationals choose to come visit, study and work in Canada, more people are falling victim to unethical consultant practices. Many are spending their hard-earned dollars and, in some cases, their life savings on consultant services where they don’t even end up with a visa in the end,” Ker told the Star in an email.
“Applicants, their families in Canada and stakeholders have shared with us how this issue is undermining confidence in the immigration system and keeping families apart. Many of these consultants are encouraging applicants to make repeat paper applications, containing the same information, which makes the whole network less efficient.”
This issue in India of having incompetent consultants or immigration lawyers has been ongoing for many years. India is one of Canada’s major source of immigrants for workers and students. The Indian immigrants that come to Canada help attribute to the country’s economy so having so many refusals due to misrepresentation is a problem that needed to be addressed. Source – The Star
How to Find a Good Immigration Lawyer
If you need to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer from outside of Canada there are several things you should look for before hiring one.
- Experience: the immigration law firm you hire should have years of experience with a decent success rate for you to feel comfortable with using their services. Find out how long the firm has been in business and how long the professionals working there have been practicing. Read their bios to see what education and work history they have.
- Read Reviews: you can find reviews of all immigration law firms online. They can give you some valuable insight into other people’s experience with the law firm. Although, take this with a grain of salt because many bad reviews could be fake or created by a competitive firm. The best way to navigate reviews is to look at the reviews deeply: do they have specific employee names? how was the communication? did the company reply to the review? These steps will help you decide which reviews are legitimate or not.
- Research the Lawyer: There are specific requirements immigration professionals must meet to be able to charge a fee for representing you to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Immigration professionals who are registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) are governed by a code of ethics and professional standards.
How to Avoid an Immigration Scam
We have compiled the largest immigration scams in 2019. There are several steps you can take to avoid falling victim to one of these scams.
How to Spot an Immigration Scam
Top 5 Immigration Scams to Watch Out For in 2019
Why Hire VisaPlace For Your Immigration Services
There are many options out there when seeking help with your Visa Application. We feel we can offer you the very best when it comes to immigration and visa services. We work with only licensed and experienced immigration professionals who have handled thousands and thousands of visa cases and know how to get the job done. And don’t take our word for it. Check out their reviews from real clients who used their services.
Our lawyers have:
- Over 40 years of combined experience with thousands of cases filed
- A proven track record for handling all US and Canadian visa cases;
- Fully licensed US and Canadian lawyers
- access to the latest technology that allows better communicate with clients and to track cases
- are friendly and great to deal with!
Are You Interested in Canadian Immigration?
If so, Contact VisaPlace today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals, and consultants who work for Niren and Associates an award-winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at 1-888-317-5770.
Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs?
Click here to fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form below and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.
The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.