How to get a Federal Skilled Worker Visa in Canada
We assist immigrants with coming into Canada under various categories, one of these categories is the Federal skilled worker. Federal Skilled Workers are able to apply for permanent residence through their education, work experience, knowledge of French or English and also depending on other criteria that have helped them to become financially established in Canada.
Skilled workers are able to apply under this category for any Province or Territory in Canada except for Quebec. Skilled workers who are applying into Quebec must apply under a separate category. Quebec has it’s own skilled workers, anyone applying under Quebec is known as a Quebec-Selected Skilled worker.
Understanding the Skilled Workers Visa
The rules for applying for FSW change on a regular basis so please be sure to check with us before you consider applying. Here are the current list of occupations.
For your application to be considered and eligible you must;
- Have a valid offer of employment; OR
- Be an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada, or have graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the last 12 months.
Work Experience Minimum Requirements
If and when your application is eligible for processing it will be assessed against the requirements set out by CIC.
To apply under this category your work experience must be;
- At least one year of continuous work paid, Full-Time or the equivalent in Part-Time; AND
- A skill type 0 (managerial occupations) or skill level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list. Do not worry if you do not know which skill type your occupation falls under. Please contact the firm and we will let you know.
Proof of Funds
Please also keep in mind that you must provide proof that you are able to financially support yourself and your dependents while you are here in Canada.
Prepare For Your Arrival!
You will be greeted by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency when you arrive in Canada. Please make sure you carry all your documentation with you. When you arrive you must have:
- A valid passport and or travel documents
- A valid Permanent residence visa and your confirmation of permanent residence.
- Proof that you are able to financially support you and your family while you are here in Canada.
The Officer will ask you a few questions before you are allowed to enter the country, these will be similar to the ones you were asked when you applied for status, you will not be able to enter the country if you give false or incomplete information.
Please keep in mind that some people are inadmissible to Canada, if you find that you are inadmissible to come into Canada do not hesitate to contact the firm, we are here to make your journey smooth sailing with minimum effort. We are here to help, contact us today. You can also now book a consultation with us online for help!
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.