Health Tips While Travelling

While travelling you must always be mindful of your health.   There are several things that you should carry with you while travelling in order to prevent any unwanted situations.

Remember To Always Carry

  • Basic First Aid Items
  • Your medication
  • A card with information that will identify you in case of emergency.
  • Proof of insurance coverage
  • Immunization record.

Health Notices

Before travelling to another country also remember that there may be health notices that you should know about. Checking the CIC website regularly for health notices before your departure will ensure that you are well aware of what’s going on before you leave.

Special Needs

If you are travelling with special needs be sure that you notify them of any special needs when booking the flight. This way the airline will have time to ensure that your safety  and comfort are taken care of during your flight. Check with your doctor before booking a flight to ensure that it is safe for you to travel and for you to go through a metal detector or be hand-wanded.

Please be aware that many countries do not have the resources available to them that you may have in your home country.

Older Travellers

All older travellers should be sure to take all their routine vaccines before travelling to another country. Visit your health care provider in order to find out if there are any recommended or required vaccines needed in order to travel.

There are many risks posed to older travellers, be sure to exercise caution while travelling.

Don’t Forget To

  1. Obtain Travel Insurance
  2. Pack a travel health kit
  3. Consult a doctor preferably 6 weeks before you travel

How Niren & Associates Can Help

If you are in need of immigration advise or immigration assistance for travel, you can rest assured that you are in good hands with Niren & Associates. With over 15 years of immigration experience, we have the expertise needed to guide you in the right direction.

Happy Travelling!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

I could not have asked for more! The VisaPlace team are extremely professional, they know their stuff. They gave me great information, prepared my work visa application and then prepared me for the submission process. I was successful. Got my visa. 5 stars! I would give them 6 if I could.

Tim Willisin the last week

This is not an exaggeration!!! I was truly impressed with the way VisaPlace consultants handled my case. The consultants- Emily, Lauren, Takunda and Lisa, took their time to explain to me in great deal how they were going to approach my case and how they would handle setbacks, if any. Their professionalism and knowledge of the law were superb. The minor setback that came up was quickly addressed by the team. The team constantly kept me updated on the progress/status of my application; they quickly responded to my questions/concerns. They had predicated my permanent residency to be processed within 6 -12, and Indeed it was processed and completed within 6 months. Based on my personal experience, Emily and Lauren's team are the best! They deserve 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!

George Jakan'gayoa week ago

VisaPlace helped me sponsor my husband to become a Permanent Resident of Canada. They were extremely professional. Every step along the way was explained fully and expertly taken care of. The staff responded immediately to any questions and always handled our concerns fully, taking as much time as we needed to understand where we were at in the immigration process and what to expect next. I would recommend VisaPlace with no hesitation at all. I'm sure if we had tried to navigate the immigration process ourselves, it would have been much harder.

Shirley Corriveau2 weeks ago