US & Canada Immigration News

Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and immigration options.

Immigration to Canada from the Philippines

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hello. My name is Michael Niren. I’m an immigration lawyer and founder of This is a message for Filipino nationals, people who live in
the Philippines, who are interested in immigration to Canada.

Benefits for Immigrating to Canada from the Philippines

The Philippines is one of the major immigration sources for Canada. In
fact, I believe it’s the number one source for immigrants coming to Canada.
I’ve got to confirm that, but if it’s not number one, it’s certainly number

We, at our law firm, handle a lot of Filipino cases for permanent
residents, for Canadian permanent residents. We do a lot of federal skilled
worker cases. Live-in caregiver cases is a major, major way that Filipinos
come to Canada to work in Canada for families who need assistance with
their children or their elderly relatives.

There’s other ways that Filipinos come to Canada. Study permits and work
permits. Sometimes they reside in other countries, like Hong Kong or Saudi
Arabia, and they apply for Canadian immigration from those countries. Most
of Filipinos do apply through the Canadian embassy in Manila, directly in
the Philippines.

Possible Challenges of Immigration

It’s a challenging process to get Canadian status, to get Canadian
permanent residents, for Filipino nationals, because Filipinos need visas
to come to Canada. They can’t just come to Canada like Americans or
individuals from the United Kingdom to visit without visas. They need

And often, it’s very hard to get visas, because immigration officers
believe that if a Filipino gets a visa, that individual will not return
back to Canada. There is a bias against Filipino cases, generally speaking,
I have encountered. So you have to make a very strong case if you’re going
to succeed at getting a visa for Canada, or immigration to Canada, if
you’re a Filipino national.

Now, there’s a lot of Filipinos living in Canada already, in Toronto
especially. It’s a huge… we have a huge Filipino population, and it’s
great. They contribute tremendously to our culture and our economy. So many
relatives of those individuals overseas are looking forward to be united
with their relatives here in Canada.

Are You Interested in Immigration to Canada from the Philippines?

So if you are Filipino and you are interested in Canada immigration, feel
free to contact us or go to our website at Thank you,
and have a great day.

Contact our experienced team today, and let us help you with your Canadian immigration.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

17 thoughts on “Immigration to Canada from the Philippines

  1. Jonafel Jumaquio

    Hi sir, I’m Jonafel Jumaquio , mother of 1 son 3yrs. Of age, I want my sister , aunt and my Uncle help us to migrate in Canada,. What can I apply for? if my husband doesn’t want to migrate , only me and my son. Thank you I hope you can help me.

    1. Muga Rajbhandari

      Helloo Jonafel. We will need to know a lot more information about your situation to see if you qualify for any of the Canadian immigration programs. I am going to suggest that you contact us to make an appointment to talk with one of our immigration professionals who will be able to plan the best strategy for you. You can book an appointment by calling us at 1-855-886-8472 or online at
      Regards, Muga

  2. Gwendolym belga

    Hi im gwen im currently working as a real estate specialist and my husband is a civil engineer we are both expert in our feild but still we wanted to secure the future of our kids how can we apple for immigrant visa ang what are the steps we need to go through to secure one.

    1. Muga Rajbhandari

      Hello Gwendolym. Thank you for writing to us. Canada has several immigration paths that you might be suited for: Express Entry, Provincial Nomination, Work Permit. We will need to know a lot more about your situation. I am going to suggest that you contact us to make an appointment to talk with one of our immigration professionals who will be able to plan the best strategy for you. You can book an appointment by calling us at 1-855-886-8472 or online at
      Regards, Muga

  3. Gen Golamco

    Hi, good day.

    I want to work and permanently live in Canada. What are some of the steps I need to take to achieve this? I am from Manila, Philippines. I am 22 years old, and I’ve been working professionally for more than two years. I have an uncle (who is a Canadian citizen), who wants to help me move to Alberta and support my stay. Would sponsorship make the whole process shorter and my application easier?

    Also, would it be better if I applied for a job first before I move to Canada? Or should I move first, settle, then find a job?

    Thank you so much. Would appreciate your response. Have a great day!

    1. Muga Rajbhandari

      Hello Gen. You have asked some very good questions. Having a job offer from a Canadian company will make your immigration easier. You cannot just move to Canada and settle in first. You must either have a visa to work, or study, or have been accepted for Permanent Residency. I am going to suggest that you contact us to make an appointment to talk with one of our immigration professionals who will be able to plan the best strategy for you. You can book an appointment by calling us at 1-855-886-8472 or online at
      Regards, Muga

      1. Gen Golamco

        Hi, thank you so much for your response!

  4. Lyka Primicias

    I want to study and work in canada. Im only 17 years old turning 18 in august 2016, i am matured enough to go outside the country. I want to give myself a better life for living in canada. Is it possible for me to go to canada immediately?

    1. Vahe Mirzoyan

      Hello Lyka. Thank you for writing to us. The first step that you must take if you want to study in Canada, is to obtain a letter of acceptance from an accredited Canadian educational institution. Once you have the acceptance letter, we can help you with the process to obtain the study visa that you will need to come to Canada.
      Regards, Vahe

  5. Shaid ambia jr.

    Hi im Shaid ambia Jr. Father of two daughter 16 years old and 14 years old .. and im a single father i want to immigrate in canada to have my two daughter a good study for their future and i graduate custom administration from Ramon Magsaysay University ..

    1. Vahe Mirzoyan

      Hello Shaid. Canada is a wonderful place to live and to raise your children and give them an opportunity for a tremendous education. You are making a wise decision. Please complete this form for me it is just a quick and easy way for me to learn more details about you and your situation so that I can determine which immigration program, there are many, would be best suited for you.
      Regards, Vahe

  6. jobstreet

    Hi, I do think this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it ;
    ) I will come back yet again since i have book-marked it. Money and freedom
    is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.

    1. Anisa Dattu


      Thank you for your post. We are pleased to see that you find out site helpful.

      Should you wish to see if you are eligible for an immigration program, please fill out our free assessment and one of our skilled representative will assist you in determining which program is best for you.



  7. Dennis B. V, CSP


    I am interested in migrating to canada, I finished BS. Biology from Adamson University, used to manage several businesses and as of now I work as a security manager

    1. Anisa Dattu

      Hello Dennis,

      Thank you for your post.

      You might be eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker class, but we need more info to assess your eligibility. In order to be considered for the FSW program, a foreign worker must have ONE of the following:

      At least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the 24 eligible occupations (see further below)
      Qualified for Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Opinion and a full-time, permanent job offer from a Canadian employer, Completed a PhD in Canada, or have completed two years of study in Canada towards a PhD, in both cases at a recognized institution. In addition, the applicant must prove an ability to speak either English or French.

      Please visit our website and complete the assessment form and someone will get back to you with your request options.

  8. laila c

    Hello, sir..i am laila a mother of 5 children..i really wish and longing to come to Canada.

    1. Sarah Jane MacDonald

      Hello Laila,
      Thank you for your inquiry. Please go here to fill out our Free Immigration Eligibility Assessment Form, one of our experienced consultants will get back to you within 24 hours to let you know if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada

      Sarah Jane


Leave a Comment:

Your email address will not be published.


The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.