Need an Indian Immigration Lawyer in Toronto?

Many educated and ambitious people who live in India choose to immigrate to Canada. In 2010, more than 30,000 people emigrated from India to Canada.

Canada is a stable and prosperous society that offers a good education system, an excellent health care system with universal coverage, and economic opportunities to newcomers and long-time residents alike.

During the economic and financial crisis that rocked the world in 2008, Canada remained one of the few bright spots with a slight recession and no bank failures. It is a country of vast opportunity and potential happiness.

Many Indian Immigrants Move To Toronto and Vancouver

In the past, new immigrants from India tended to settle in the cities of Toronto and Vancouver, but today many provinces are actively encouraging new immigrants to settle in other communities. Vancouver and Toronto remain very prominent as the top choices for those who wish to emigrate from India to Canada, in part due to the business opportunities for skilled professionals.

There is a very large and dynamic group of Indian immigrants living in the Toronto area, which even has a neighborhood referred to as “little India”.

Canadian Immigration Rules Are Complex and Subject To Change

The Canadian government actively encourages immigration from other countries but the rules that cover immigration are very complex and may change from time to time. There are specific categories under which immigrants can apply and, depending on the category, Canada applies a points system when deciding whether or not a person from another country can qualify to move to Canada.

Points awarded if a person has education or training in a field where Canada requires workers. Points are also awarded to Indian immigrants who are investors with substantial sums of money to create a business in Canada, or entrepreneurs or self-employed business people. A person who does not qualify under one of the immigration options may still qualify under another.

An Immigration Lawyer Can Be Helpful

The process of applying to immigrate to Canada can be very long and challenging. Hiring a qualified immigration law firm in Toronto who can connect an Indian immigrant with someone who speaks one of the languages of India can help an Indian applicant better understand the requirements and provide the proper documentation.

If you are applying for the first time, you will need someone who can help you prepare the application properly. Or, if your application to immigrate to Canada is denied, you will need to have someone who is very knowledgeable about immigration law and about the specific details of your application in order to file an appeal on your behalf.


application canada immigration india Indian migration

About Sam Moser

Read more

6 thoughts on “Need an Indian Immigration Lawyer in Toronto?

  1. suganthini


    I am a lawyer in India and having more than 10 years experience as a lawyer in the high court of Madras at madurai bench, tamilnadu, india in the criminal cases and writ appeals. I wish to work in your company as a law clerk or legal secretary at a first instance. I wish to emigrate to canada with my family (my husband and 2 children). My uncle is there. If you give a offer employment to him, he will forward it to me then I apply visa to canada under skilled migrant immigrant.

  2. Jean

    Looking for a lawyer just for tips on how to get my family member from Nigeria to Canada. Its not only expensive but almost impossible without money and some sort of connection with an agent or the embassy. You can call any time between 8am and 11pm. Thank you. Hope to hear from you shortly.

  3. Indian Source

    I like the information which you have provided to the viewers and I am looking for some of the more web directories which can help me in searching Indian restaurants in outer countries I hope it will help me. Toronto Business Directory is the best Indian based directory in Toronto


Leave a Comment:

Your email address will not be published.


Subscribe to Our Newsletter

  • You could be eligible for prizes
Start Your FREE
Top of page