Who Is a Super Visa For?
The Super Visa is for people who want their parents or grandparents to live with them in Canada. With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on each entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.
Who is Eligible For a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa?
To be eligible for the super visa, applicants must be the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Dependants of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the super visa. However, they can apply for a regular visitor visa. The super visa applicants must also be found admissible to Canada and meet some other conditions.
Visa officers consider several factors before deciding whether an applicant is admissible. Officers must believe the applicant is a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things the officer might consider are the following:
- the person’s ties to his or her home country;
- the purpose of the visit;
- the person’s family and financial situation;
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
- invitations from Canadian hosts.
Parent Super Visa Requirements in Canada
Parents and Grandparents citizens can live in canada for two years without need to renew their status.
- Complete and submit form [IMM5257] (to be filled outside of Canada).
- Parents financial and host financial situation will be considered.
- The overall economic and political also offer application.
- Invitation letter from host.
- Parents or Grandparents must provide of financial support from their child (host) and meet minimum & income household. (around $17,000)
- Prove Canadian medical coverage insurance (for at least 1 year).
- Complete medical examination requirements.
Letter of Invitation format should include:
- Complete Name and Middle Name of Parents.
- Date of Birth/Country of Birth.
- Parent Address and Phone Number
- Place where your (Host) relationship (Child Relationship).
- The purpose of trip.
- How long the parent intend to stay.
- Detail of accommodation and
- Date Parent intend to leave
Why Seek Professional Immigration Help?
The Super Visa application process can be very complex, time consuming and difficult. It is therefore essential that if you are considering applying for Canadian Visas, you get professional immigration help. The last thing you want is to be told your application is refused after months (or sometimes years) of waiting.
How We Can Help You Get Your Parents or Grandparents to Canada
We have over 15 years of experience and have helped thousands and thousands of people immigrate to the Canada, and we are certain we can help you too!
Getting started is easy. All you need to do is fill out our eligibility online assessment form here and then one of our immigration professionals will get back to you with your results within one business day. We look forward to helping you accomplish your immigration goals!
Applying for PR can be a daunting task. I remember going on various websites during my research period and being so overwhelmed with the number of forms, and directions on how, when, where to send them. It was a great comfort and relief to me knowing that I could rely on someone else, an expert, like Lauren to help me. Lauren worked on my PR application and it has been excellent experience. She saved me a lot of time and stress, she respond quickly to whatever questions and concerns I have. I can truly recommend her and the team @Niren. Thank you
Having had a bad experience with a different immigration consultant in Toronto, we ended up working with Lauren Shannan and her team at Niren and Associates on our PR application, and couldn't be more satisfied. Lauren was extremely patient, reassuring and knowledgeable. She was very prompt with responding to all of our questions with clear answers and recommendations. She also followed up with the immigration authorities as needed. Lauren and team were a pleasure to work with, and we would recommend their services.
One word magnificent. I strongly recommend this place to all the people who were willing to apply for permanent resident. I want to thank Raina,Sana,Iara for helping me to get my permanent resident. Staff is very polite and always there to solve my queries without any delay.
As seen on