US Business Visas for Canadians
We are contacted every day from Canadians wishing to work or visit the US. Depending on a person’s circumstances, there are different US Visas that may be appropriate for them in terms of entering the US.
Visas for Working in the USA
For the purpose of working in the US, that is, actually earning an income and engaging with the US labor market directly in the US, a US Work Visa would be required. For Canadians, the US Work Visa options are as follows:
1. TN Visa (NAFTA): For Canadian citizens can have up to a 3-year work visa for professionals with US job or contract offers;
2. H-1B Visa: For people with “specialty occupations” usually university degree holders. This visa is subject to an annual quota.
3. L-1 Visa (Inter-company Transfers)
4. E-2 Investor Visa: For People wishing to invest in and actively manage a US Business
5. O-1 Visa: A US Work Visa for people of “Extraordinary Ability”, usually for applicants in the arts or for athletes
There are other US Work visas such as J-1, and R-1 visas and others but they are less common.
US Business Visitors
For those wishing to visit the US for business purposes but not work directly in the US, Canadians can be admitted as B-1 Visitors. B-1 entries are for those attending meetings, negotiating contracts, and in some case installing or servicing US companies pursuant to after sales contacts.
Do You Want Help with US Business Visas?
If so, Contact VisaPlace today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals, and consultants who work for Niren and Associate award-winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at 1-888-317-5770.
Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs?
Click here to fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form below and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.
The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.