Toronto Services For Undocumented Immigrants

By Michael Niren September 13, 2013 2 min. read

Earlier on this year, the city of Toronto took steps to assist immigrants and give them access to City of Toronto services even if they are not here legally. There are currently an estimated 200,000 immigrants here illegally at this present time. Toronto wants you to know that if you are out of status there are still services available to you. Most, free of charge.

What’s Available to Undocumented Immigrants?

Here is list of the various services in Toronto available to those with undocumented or illegal immigration status.

Toronto Community Health Centers

You do not require OHIP to receive services at a Toronto Community Health Centre. They charge low fees and require you to make an appointment.

Workers Action Center

If you are currently working and have not received pay but are illegally in the country, you still have every right to receive your wages. You are able to file an anonymous complaint.

Telehealth Ontario

This is a free service available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It’s free and confidential, you will obtain advice from a Registered Nurse, they also offer free translation in multiple languages. Simply call – 1 866 797 0000.

Police, Fire and Ambulance

If you have any type of emergency do not hesitate to call 911, if you are fearful of police presence you are able to request ambulance services only.

Toronto District School Board

All children under the ages of 18 have the right to attend school regardless of their immigration status, or the immigration status of their parents. If you need to register a child visit the International Programs and Admission Offices.

Ontario Early Years Centres

Parents and Children up to 6 years of age are able to take part in activities and programs together. All services are free, in order to locate a center near you call 1-866-821-7770.

There are many other services available to  immigrants that have no status. Shelters, Legal Aid, counselling, legal aid, library services, child care, banks and much more. You are able to access all these services on While many places will require Canadian I.D, most places are lenient with the types of documentation they require.

Niren & Associates Are Here To Help

If you or your family are in need of immigration services do not hesitate to give us a call. We are dedicated to our clients and ensure that all our client needs are met. Visit our website to fill out our free online assessment form. We at Niren and Associates are here to help. 1 866 929 0991 or 416 410 7484.