Expedited Naturalization

The spouses that may be stationed abroad may be able to apply for expedited naturalization. Military spouses who are on their spouses permanent change of station orders must contact the Military Help Line and inform them they are requesting expedited Naturalization. Not all cases will be granted in which case your application will move through the normal process. In order to apply for expedited naturalization you must meet the following requirements:

  • You are 18 or older.
  • Prove that your spouse is a US citizen who is eligible to be stationed abroad for a year or more.
  • Be able to accompany your spouse abroad based on their official orders.
  • Be living in the US a lawful permanent resident.
  • Be in the US when you are naturalized.
  • Be able to read, write and speak basic English
  • Have the intention of following your spouse abroad and then intedning to settle back in the US with them after their service abroad is completed.

Overseas Naturalization for Spouses

The spouse of an active military member may be able to naturalize while they are stationed overseas. In order to be eligible you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be the spouse of US armed service member stationed abroad and authorized to accompany your spouse on their official orders.
  • Reside abroad in marital union with your spouse.
  • Meet the requirements of section 316(a) or 319(a).
    • 316(a) applies to individuals that have been US lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years and have been physically present in the US for a total of 2 and a half years. The time that you have spent living in marital residence abroad counts towards the continuous residence and physical presence requirements.
    • 319 (a) applies to you if: you have been a lawful permanent resident for 3 continuous years, you have lived in marital union with your US spouse for at least 3 years prior to your application, you US spouse has been a US citizen for at least 3 years before you file and you have been present in the US for at least 18 months out of the past 3 years. The time that you have spent living in marital residence abroad counts towards the continuous residence and physical presence requirements.

Overseas Naturalization for Children

Children of service members can become naturalized without having to travel to the US. This includes children that are adopted by US citizen parents. Additionally, if the child’s US citizen parent dies overseas, the US citizen grandparent or legal guardian can apply for the child’s naturalization.

Are You Interested in Naturalization?

If so, Contact VisaPlace today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals, and consultants who work for Niren and Associate award-winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.

Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at 1-866-449-5904.

Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs? Click here to fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form below and get a response within 24 hours to see if you're eligible. The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.

Customer Reviews

The team here is wonderful. They are so professional and capable of handling any immigration matters. I just received my Work Permit thanks to them. Thanks Alicea again for helping me! I highly highly recommend to try their services ❤❤

Cao My Duyena week ago

Money well spent! Very professional and thoughtful. I had a need to visit their office and was pleasantly surprised and was treated very cordially. My wife’s work permit came in several months early as did her permanent residency. Thank you Lisa and Laura!

Brian Bedford3 weeks ago

The agency is very capable and have a lot experience to handle USA immigration issues. My I -601 case was approved because of their help. I strongly recommend this wonderful agency.

James Yu2 weeks ago

As seen on


  • The Canadian Bar Association
  • The American Bar Association