1 Answers

Teaching jobs in the US

Asked by: 162 views USA Immigration

I am a Canadian teacher looking to move to the USA to work and live with my boyfriend. Are there some schools that are more likely to hire Canadian teachers over others in the States? Would it be better to get a temporary job and then look for work as a teacher. I have a bachelors degree in history and a bachelor of Education, but I do not think I’m qualified for the professional visa.

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes


    I wouldn’t be able to recommend one school over another; that would require your own due diligence to find that out.

    Most teachers do go down on an H-1B http://www.visaplace.com/usa-immigration/us-work-visas/h-1b-visa-work-permit/ which is for individuals with job offers in speciality occupations or a J-1 as there is a J-1 program for teachers. I would recommend you visit the following URL for information relating to J-1s http://j1visa.state.gov/programs/teacher .



    Fadi Minawi - Mar 18, 2014 | Reply

Answer Question