2 Answers


Asked by: 552 views USA Immigration

IM CANADIAN CITIZEN. I CROSSED BORDER THIS TIME & THEY GIVE ME A ENTRY ONLY FOR 2 WEEKS. THEY PUT A STAMP IN MY PASSPORT. My husband lives in us & he’s us citizen. so what can i do know??? please reply me soon. thanks for ur attention.

2 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes


    What the officer did was give you a “controlled entry” so that if you stay longer than the ascribed period, you would start accruing overstay status. This is known as the 3/10 bar where if you overstay more than 180 days but less than one year, you would face a 3 year bar. If you overstay one year or longer, you will face a 10 year bar. In addition, one can be subject to removal if found to be overstaying in the US. If you plan on being in the US for longer than the 2 week period, I strongly suggest that you contact an immigration attorney to discuss details of your case.


    Fadi Minawi - Oct 24, 2012 | Reply

  2. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    I am a us citizen, my fiancee is canadian. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant (about 5 months) due in March.. he was denied entry to the US and was told he didn’t have enough “ties” to Canada (even though he has credit cards, apt rental with rent reciepts, passport, and everything else to tie him to canada) and was told he can’t come back over until he get’s his native status card (which they have also been taking a long time processing, almost a year now that he’s applied for one).. I want him to be able to come to the US when this baby is born. And I am always harassed as it is with the Canadian immigration so it doesn’t help our situation. I do not know what else to do to ensure he can be over in the US when this baby of ours is born. Thank you!

    Ashleigh - Oct 29, 2012 | Reply

Answer Question