1 Answers

What are my options for relocating to the USA as a British National?

Asked by: 153 views ,
USA Immigration

I am British National, of 46 years, with a British passport living and working in London. I would like to relocate to USA in two years time. I read several internet sites which outlines options of relocating to America either through employment or college. I checked out the college fees which is too exorbitant for me. I would like to know if there are any other options for me. Like for example applying for a tourist visa or another type of visa?

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Hi there,

    Applying for a B-2 visa would only allow you to visit the US for pleasure. In other words, it does not allow you to live in the US. You can only be there temporarily. As for other options for Permanent Residency – the only viable options would be either through 1) Family 2) Employment 3) Investment.

    Family sponsorship involved being sponsored by a spouse, child (over 21), parent, or sibling.

    Employment sponsorship involves an employer hiring a person permanently – this is no easy task however and may take several years for processing.

    The investment option requires an individual to invest $500,000 or $1,000,000 into a business depending on the area, and having possibility of emplolying 10 full time employees other than the investor or his/her family within a two year period.


    Fadi Minawi - Feb 19, 2014 | Reply

Answer Question