1 Answers

Lifting a 3 Year Bar From Entry Into the US

Asked by: 899 views , , , , , , , , , , , ,
USA Immigration

I am a Canadian citizen that had been offered a position in the US about 2 years ago. I had been working in the US and was asked to stay on for a series of campaigns that resulted in me overstaying my US visa. As a result I have been given a 3 year bar and although my employee attempted to clarify my infraction to the US immigration board they, have not succeeded in having this bar lifted. What are my options?

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    It is highly advisable to speak with an immigration attorney. Many times I’ve seen that people have been given improper bars from CBP officers. If this is the case, we can try to have this rectified. If indeed you are barred for this period, then you would need a waiver to overcome your inadmissibility. Either way, you should consult with an immigration attorney to discuss specifics about your case.

    Fadi Minawi - Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

Answer Question