1 Answers

Fulltime Retirement in the U.S.

Asked by: 626 views USA Immigration

My wife and I want to retire fulltime in the U.S, I know as Canadians we can only visit 6 months in a 12 month period. However we plan on buying a property down there and staying longer than the allotted time. We have no desire to work, just retire. How do we go about his? Thx

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Hi Dan,

    There are many people that are in the same position as you. Canadians are able to travel for 6 months at a time to the US. However, many officers view this as 6 months out of the year. Unfortunately there are no visas available for your very situation, however, many others in your position have qualified for an E-2 visa whereby, even purchasing or operating a business in the US may qualify you to be there for an extended period of time. These visas are normally valid for up to a 5 year period and you do not have to work “full-time” in the business. Feel free to contact me to discuss this further.



    Fadi Minawi - Nov 28, 2012 | Reply

Answer Question