1 Answers

Transferring Universities

Asked by: 1995 views , , ,

I am currently in my second year of university in Scotland, and I am interested in applying for a study permit to learn in Canada.  Will my Scottish education allow me to continue in the third year of university in Canada, or would I have to begin a university program from scratch?

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes


    Each Canadian university has their own system governing how they accredit transferred credits from other universities (even transfers between Canadian universities). You will have to contact the Canadian universities you are interested in attending directly to discuss what completed courses on your transcript can be transferred.

    Another option that may interest you is an exchange. For instance, students from the Universities of Glasgow, Aberdeen, and Edinburgh can arrange to study at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Your school registrar can inform you of their transfer partner institutions.

    Dimitri Thalakada - Aug 07, 2011 | Reply

Answer Question