1 Answers

PR for baby

Asked by: 1831 views , , ,

My husband and I landed in Canada 3 years ago, but we are currently in our home country to gather our belongings.  While at home, I have given birth to our second child.

We would like to move to Canada permanently, so I wanted to find out how I could get permanent residence for my baby.  Would he be permitted to return to Canada with me?  Would it be possible to apply for residence for him prior to moving back for good?

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    You can apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to bring your baby to Canada and apply for a Sponsorship for your baby.

    Should the TRV be refused, one of you would have to return to Canada and initiate a Sponsorship application from inside Canada since you cannot sponsor while residing outside Canada.

    alicia - Aug 07, 2011 | Reply

Answer Question