1 Answers

marriage to stay in US

Asked by: 2350 views , , , ,

I am on a visa waiver programme in the states and I am interested in staying in the country.  My fiancee recently received a green card, so I wanted to find out if we were to get married, then would it allow me to remain in the country?  If so, would I be eligible to work?

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Once you get married, your spouse can make an I-130 petition to sponsor you as his spouse. Upon approval, you will be a lawful permanent resident and will be eligible to work in the U.S.

    alicia - Aug 07, 2011 | Reply

Answer Question