2 Answers

L visa

Asked by: 2504 views , , ,

I’m doing an internship in Switzerland on a 6-month L visa.  I am working here through the Canadian-Swiss Youth Mobility Program, which allows me to work in Switzerland for up to eighteen cumulative months.  In university, I had a year of internships, so I wanted to know if I would be able to renew my visa.

Or, instead of renewing my visa, would it be possible to apply for a new L visa from scratch?

Thanks for your help

2 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Hi Cam S.,

    You may reapply under YMP provided that you meet the following conditions:
    1. it is only your second time to reapply for a YMP-visa under the same conditions;
    2. that the total 2 YMP will not exceed 18 months.

    Although the maximum period is 12 months, there are times when the period can extend up to 18 months in certain exceptional circumstances.

    Jenny - May 29, 2012 | Reply

  2. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Instead of getting the new visa, better you can renew your L-Visa..And also ask the attorney about this and proceed with that..They may give you quickest way to get the L Visa..

    Hazel Ickes - Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

Answer Question