1 Answers

Fiance is coming to US

Asked by: 1953 views , , , ,

I am a US citizen and I plan to file for a K1 visa for my fiancee who is currently living in her home country (Japan).  It’s possible that she will be coming to the states with her company on an L1 visa in a couple months.  Will we be able to get married while she is here visiting, or is it necessary to wait for the K1 visa?

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    You may get married to your fiance while she is on her L1 visa. Following the marriage, she can apply for Adjustment of Status to gain permanent resident status.

    alicia - Aug 08, 2011 | Reply

Answer Question