1 Answers

What is my best option for applying as a Canadian permanent residence?

Asked by: 133 views ,
Canadian Immigration

I am looking for Canadian PR. I have never been to Canada before. I am from India and I am an engineering graduate in Biotechnology. I have worked in Oman for two years in pharma firm as a QC chemist and have been working in Dubai from past year in an environmental chemistry firm as an Organics analytical chemist. What is my best option for applying as a Canadian permanent residence?

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Hello and thank you for your question.

    It is difficult to answer what is the “best” option for you. There are approximately 60 immigration streams that lead to PR (including Provincial Nominee Programs) in Canada.

    Perhaps, you may want to consider the Federal Skilled Worker Category.
    Basic eligibility

    Basic eligibility– Federal skilled workers

    have one year of continuous full-time (or an equal amount of continuous part-time) paid work experience
    in one of the eligible occupations within the last ten years, OR
    have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
    are an international student who is enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or who graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet the factors below.

    Also, no matter which of the three groups above you apply under, you must:

    include the results of your official language test showing that you meet the minimum language threshold
    include either a completed Canadian educational credential or a completed foreign educational credential with an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an approved organization. Remember that even if your application is eligible to be processed, you must meet all of the other FSW program requirements. The factors considered are:
    your skills in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages,
    your education,
    your work experience,
    your age,
    whether you have arranged employment in Canada, and
    your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here).

    You must have one year of continuous, full-time (or an equal amount of part-time) paid work experience, in at least one of these occupations within the last ten years:

    0211 Engineering managers
    1112 Financial and investment analysts
    2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
    2131 Civil engineers
    2132 Mechanical engineers
    2134 Chemical engineers
    2143 Mining engineers
    2145 Petroleum engineers
    2144 Geological engineers
    2146 Aerospace engineers
    2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers
    2154 Land surveyors
    2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
    2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
    2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
    3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
    3142 Physiotherapists
    3143 Occupational Therapists
    3211 Medical laboratory technologists
    3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
    3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
    3215 Medical Radiation Technologists
    3216 Medical Sonographers
    3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists

    I hope this was helpful.

    Steven Snider - Feb 13, 2014 | Reply

Answer Question