1 Answers

Can I Get a CDL with a Past DUI ?

Asked by: 511 views , ,
Canadian Immigration, Other, USA Immigration

I have a DUI in New York from 5 years ago. I have an absolutely clean record ever since and have been doing well. I would like to find a trucking job and obtain my CDL but I don’t want to waste my time if the DUI will prevent me from getting my CDL.

Can you tell me if I can get a CDL with a past DUI record?


1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Obtaining a Canadian Driver’s License depends on many factors and also what province you intend to reside in. For more information on this, please see the link below:


    you mentioned you have a DUI in New York from 5 years ago. Assuming you are a Citizen or Resident of the United States, you will require a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) to even enter Canada.

    A TRP is a document which overcomes any inadmissibility, such as a previous criminality (in your case). Acquiring this TRP involves getting the right documentation such as your court documents, police clearances etc.

    The Firm has ample experience in dealing with such matters and would be well equip to assist you. Please contact us to schedule a consult and we would be happy to assist you.

    For further reading on TRPs and how the Firm may assist you, please see the link below.


    Giovanni - Feb 07, 2013 | Reply

Answer Question