1 Answers

Canadian wanting to sponsor Conjugal Partner

Asked by: 778 views , , , , , , ,
Canadian Immigration


I’m a Canadian Citizen (21 years of age) wanting to sponsor my Conjugal Partner (18) to come to Canada. My partner currently lives in the U.S, and is a citizen of the U.S. I am unsure of how to go about this. Or which would be easier:

Would it be easier to sponsor her as my conjugal partner. In which case I must have a specific income to provide for us? (I have no children or dependents, it’s just myself that I provide for at the moment). Or, would it be easier for us to get married, and I apply to sponsor her? Is there a specific income I must attain to bring my partner here as my spouse?

I’m also curious as to the income required to sponsor someone? What would need to be my income to sponsor her to come as a conjugal partner?


Always Hopeful

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Immigration is never a good reason to get married, unless you feel that the relationship is ready for that level of commitment. Secondly, income is not required to sponsor a spouse, common law or conjugal partner. Thus, you have numerous options are available to you. Please contact the Firm as we can discuss the options in depth you as each option has different criteria that would need to be demonstrated.

    Giovanni - Sep 13, 2012 | Reply

Answer Question