1 Answers

Are there any visas geared towards historical studies?

Asked by: 132 views ,
Canadian Immigration

I am a US university student that is doing a thesis on the Underground Railway and would love to come to Canada (namely Nova Scotia). I’d like to spend roughly a year for my research and was wondering there is a visa that you may recommend?

1 Answers

  1. 0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Hi and thank you for your question.

    As a U.S. citizen, you do not need a visa prior to entering Canada. However, when you do enter Canada, you are only allowed to remain in Canada for a period of 6 months, unless indicated otherwise by the immigration officer. Please keep in mind that as a visitor, you are not able to engage in unauthorized work while you are in Canada.

    If you wish to extend your stay in Canada, you can make an application to extend your visitor status while you are in Canada. You must submit your application before your status as a visitor expires. You must have a valid reason for the extension and you must demonstrate that you will be able to financially support yourself while in Canada, and demonstrate a clear intention of returning to the U.S. upon the expiration of your visitor status.

    if you are planning an extended stay, you should consult with an experienced immigration expert so you do not experience complications with your application

    Steven Snider - Feb 09, 2014 | Reply

Answer Question