Do You Know About The Working Holiday Visas for Canada?

If you want to travel to Canada in order to experience all that Canada has to offer on a temporary basis, it can be difficult to ensure you have enough money to do so in advance. Wouldn’t it be great if you could work in Canada while also working so you could earn enough money to fund your stay?

There is a way to do this, with the several different types of International Experience Canada programs available to foreign nationals who wish to visit Canada while also working or amassing Canadian work experience through internships. Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 3.06.46 PM

International Experience Canada, or IEC Programs available to foreign nationals

There are several different programs available for people who want to obtain international experience in Canada, including:

International Co-Op Program: People who are citizens of certain countries may engage in co-op terms as interns for companies in Canada.

Working Holiday Visas: Those who wish to visit Canada on a working holiday visa may also obtain a temporary work permit, which allows the participant to live and work in Canada for around one year on average, although the length of stay could be more or less.

The Young Professionals Program: This program allows citizens of certain countries to work for a Canadian company and obtain work experience that can prove to be extremely valuable in the future.

There are very strict requirements for these programs, including that the participants are between the ages of 18 and 35 – although, sometimes there are restrictions and applicants need to be even younger than 35.

If you are interested in applying for these programs, contact our immigration law firm. We can help you determine if you meet the requirements for these programs, as well as help you get started in the application process.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.