US & Canada Immigration News

Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and immigration options.

Working In the US as a Canadian Citizen

If you are a Canadian Citizen who would like to work in the United States, you need to obtain a United States work visa in order to do so legally. When you obtain a United States work visa, you are able to live and work in the United States for a certain period of time. Work in the United States

If you are a Canadian citizen you have several advantages when it comes to applying for a United States work visa as well. For example, some United States work visas are only available to Canadian citizens, while others can be fast-tracked.

However, the process for obtaining a United States work visa is not an easy one. You will have to make sure that you are applying for the right type of visa, that you are eligible for that visa, that you have the correct education and experience for that visa and finally that your application is what visa officers are looking for.

Which United States work visa is right for me?

Determining which United States work visa is right for you may require the assistance of a licensed immigration lawyer. This is because it is not always easy to decide if you meet the requirements for a certain type of United States work visa if it is your first time applying.

In addition, it is vital that you understand which United States work visa you need to apply for the correct visa, because if you do not you could be denied. If you are denied for a United States work visa, it could have a negative impact on subsequent visa applications when you finally do apply for the right type of work visa.

Are you looking to work in the United States? Contact our immigration law firm for assistance!

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

Vote for Our Blog! Our blog has been nominated for Best Legal Blog of 2017 by The Expert Institute.

Leave a Comment:

Your email address will not be published.


The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.