Which US work visa is right for me?

Work visas are special documents that are available for foreign nationals or Canadian citizens who wish to work in the United States. In order to work in the United States legally, you will need to obtain one. US Work Visa

However, there is not just one type of United States work visa. Each situation and type of job may have it’s own best-suited work visa, so you will need to understand which United States work visa is appropriate for you before you apply for one. The application process can be complicated.

Types of United States work visas

Most United States work visas require that you have a job offer in advance, although there are exceptions. For example, if you already work for a Canadian company but you are being transferred to a United States office, the L-1 work visa may be best for you. You may also obtain an E visa if you invest in the United States.

For those with job offers, there are TN visas, H1B work visas and other United States work visas available. However, not just any job type is suitable for these visas. Applicants for these types of work visas will generally need a job offer in a certain occupation that requires a high level of education, skill and experience.

Before you apply, make sure that you have expert assistance so that you do it right the first time!

Do you want to work in the United States? We have over 15 years of experience helping Canadian citizens and other foreign nationals obtain visas for the United States, and we can help you too. Please give us a call or e-mail us using the form on the right for an assessment of your case and for assistance with your application.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

After initially having a very bad experience with one of their immigration consultants and after posting a negative review on Google I was immediately contacted by the Managing Director to reschedule another consultation to try and provide me with a more positive experience. I have been impressed by their attention to customer service as a result of this and I appreciate the initiative that they have taken to turn my negative experience into a positive one. My second consultation was a great experience, I spoke with Brian about my Canadian PR application and he was able to give me great advice and was extremely helpful. He answered all my questions and explained the process of how to apply and was very patient with me which I really appreciate.

Madhav Kin the last week

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musaa month ago

Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.

Daxesh Patel2 months ago