What type of visa do I need to work in the United States?

Most foreign nationals, including Canadian citizens, will require a United States visa to work legally in the United States. They will need a work visa, and there are several types of United States work visas available. Work in the United States

Some of these work visas are even exclusively available to Canadian citizens, while other visas can have the application process fast-tracked if you apply at the US-Canada border.

However, that in no way means that applying for a United States work visa is an easy process. In fact, it is just the opposite.

Which United States work visa is right for me?

Because there are so many different types of visas available, it’s difficult to know exactly which one is right for you – they all have different requirements and are suited to different situations.

If you apply for the wrong type of visa, your application could be denied. This is why it is especially important to ensure that you apply for the correct type of visa, and that you discuss your application with a licensed immigration lawyer who has experience with United States work visas.

Working in the United States is a great opportunity, but make sure that you take the proper steps to ensure that you only set yourself up for the best chance of success with your United States work visa application.

Visa officers who will be processing your application will be looking for certain things, and you need to meet their expectations by including all the proper documentation and not making any errors on your application.

Contact us today to determine if you are eligible for a United States work visa. We know what United States visa officers are looking for, and we can help you!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.