My Own Experience in Applying for an E-2 Visa to the US

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hi. This is Michael Niren, Immigration Lawyer and founder of Today I want to share with you my own personal experience in applying for a visa. I applied for a US work visa, a work visa for work in the United States. It’s called an E-2 visa. And the reason I did that is because we’re going to be expanding our business, Visa Place, in the United States.

Applying for an E-2 Visa to the US

We help a lot of Americans get visas to Canada. And we have a lot of Canadians coming to America, as well as globally. So, there’s an opportunity to grow our business, Visa Place, in the United States, and as a result, I needed a visa, a work visa in the US to help grow the business. But I can tell you, the experience was quite interesting being on the other side, being on the client side, gathering the documents, preparing the application, and presenting it to a Visa Officer for review. That was quite a stressful experience, and it gave me a sense of empathy for how our clients feel and what they go through in getting a visa. And fortunate that our lead Visa Lawyer, Fadi Minawi, our US Visa Lawyer, Fadi Minawi, and his team, did a great job in preparing the application. And I’m happy to say that my application was successful as are many of our applications. So, it’s just something I wanted to share with you that going through the process gave me some additional insight in how our clients feel and what’s involved in the often very stressful process of applying for a visa.

Need an E-2 Visa to the US?

Are you considering applying for an E-2 Visa to the US, VisaPlace is here to guide you through the application process. We work with qualified immigration lawyers who can help you with your application. Contact us to book a consultation.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • Ituriel Gomez


    I would like to work as a Truck driver in USA. I’m working in Canada and USA as a truck driver specially driving from Ontario to Texas every week for a Canadian company.
    I have more than 10 years experience in heavy truck driving crossing border and I have the FAST card.
    I live in London, On.

    So I want to know what I have to do to get a WORK VISA in USA.

    • Muga Rajbhandari

      Hello Ituriel. In order to get a work visa in the U.S. you must have a legitimate job offer from a U.S. company. Once you have the offer, we can help you obtain the work visa that you need. You can contact us by calling us at 1-855-886-8472 or 1-416-823-2440.
      Regards, Muga

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.