Canadian Citizens Working In The United States

Canadian working in United StatesDid you know that Canadian citizens are allowed to work in the United States? However, they will require a United States work visa in order to do so. This is a special type of temporary visa that will allow you to work and live in the United States for a temporary period of time legally.

Requirements for Canadian Citizens Working In The United States

In most cases, you will need to work in a certain type of position to obtain a work visa for the United States, but being a Canadian citizen who is applying for a United States work visa has its advantages. For example, there are certain types of visas that are only available to Canadian citizens, while other types of visas can be obtained faster.

However, just because you are a Canadian Citizen and your work visa could be fast-tracked this does not mean that it is any easier to obtain a United States work visa. It can be a very difficult process as there are certain things that visa officers will be looking for. For the best results in obtaining a United States work visa, please contact our immigration law firm for assistance.

Which United States Work Visa Is Best For Me?

The United States work visa that is right for you depends greatly on your own personal situation. For example, if you are being transferred to an office in the United States that is a branch or subsidiary of your current employer in Canada, you could be eligible for the L1 work visa.

If you are being offered a job in the United States and you have a very high level of education, you could apply for the TN Visa or the H1B work visa. The list of jobs for both of these types of visa is very specific and while the H1B work visa applications are only accepted during certain times of the year, there is no limit on the TN visas.

Speak To A Licensed Immigration Lawyer

If you are a Canadian citizen looking to work in the United States, then we can help determine which work visa is right for you. Contact us now or book your consultation online.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheongin the last week

Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.

Setareh Rasaeiin the last week

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musa2 months ago