Options for Immigration to the United States

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hello, my name is Michael Niren. I’m an immigration lawyer and founder of
VisaPlace.com. Today, I’m going to talk to you about options for
immigrating to the United States.

Understanding the Options for Immigration to the US

There are a lot of different options and I’ll try to outline them for you. We have a US visa team, who handles all our US immigration cases.

Family Petition

One of the main options is the Family Petition, if you have family members
in the United States, for example a spouse, a close relative like a parent,
or sister, or brother. There’s a possibility that if they are an American
citizen, could potentially sponsor you for permanent residence. In some
cases, even if they’re a green card holder, they can do that as well.
However, for green card holders, the process is typically much, much

Now, there’s a lot of different criteria to qualify to file a spousal
petition including a petitioners income, among other issues. But, one main
way is through the family petition category. The other is employment based
immigration, where you either have a job offer or you have special skills
that would enable you to work in the United States.

Employment-Based Program

Employment-based program is usually dependent on an employer in the US who
is willing to sponsor you. Now, there’s also the investment route as well,
where if you make a substantial investment in the United States, we call
that the EB-5 program. You can apply for a green  card directly, the
process could be somewhat lengthy, and requires a lot of capital to do that
and a high net worth. But, we handle a lot of those EB-5 cases for
individuals who qualify.

The H1-B Visa

Now, other routes of immigration to Canada could begin on the temporary
side. What I mean by that is if you had a job offer and an employer is
willing to sponsor you for a temporary working permit. For example, under
the H1-B category, if its a specialty occupation and you can work in the
United States under the H1-B category, there’s a possibility that the
employer can apply for what is called, adjustment status, and sponsor you
for a green card, after a certain period of you working for that employer
on the H1-B.

The L-1 Visa

There’s also the L-1 visa, which enables you to be transferred into a US-
based company from you foreign company. Ultimately the Us company could
sponsor you for a green card down the road, and adjust your status.

Do You Need Help With Your Immigration to the United States

Not to get overly complicated, the point is there’s routes to follow or to offer
to you for immigration into the United States. If you have anymore
questions about this, feel free to go to our website at www.visaplace.com.
Thank you and have a great day.

Contact our experienced team today, and let us help you with your US immigration options.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

After initially having a very bad experience with one of their immigration consultants and after posting a negative review on Google I was immediately contacted by the Managing Director to reschedule another consultation to try and provide me with a more positive experience. I have been impressed by their attention to customer service as a result of this and I appreciate the initiative that they have taken to turn my negative experience into a positive one. My second consultation was a great experience, I spoke with Brian about my Canadian PR application and he was able to give me great advice and was extremely helpful. He answered all my questions and explained the process of how to apply and was very patient with me which I really appreciate.

Madhav Kin the last week

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musaa month ago

Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.

Daxesh Patela month ago