US Business Visas for Canadians: The Various Options
All about US Business Visas for Canadians
We are contacted everyday from Canadians wishing to work, or visit the US. Depending on a person’s circumstances, there are different US Visas that may be appropriate for them in terms of entering the US.
Visas for Working in the USA
For the purpose of working in the US, that is, actually earning an income and engaging with the US labor market directly in the US, a US Work Visa would be required. For Canadians, the US Work Visa options are as follows:
1. TN Visa (NAFTA): For Canadian citizens can have up to a 3 year work visa for professionals with US job or contract offers;
2. H-1B Visa: For people with “specialty occupations” usually university degree holders. This visa is subject to an annual quota.
3. L-1 Visa (Inter-company Transfers)
4. E-2 Investor Visa: For People wishing to invest in and actively manage a US Business
5. O-1 Visa: A US Work Visa for people of “Extraordinary Ability”, usually for applicants in the arts or for athletes
There are other US Work visas such as J-1, and R-1 visas and others but they are less common.
US Business Visitors
For those wishing to visit the US for business purposes but not work directly in the US, Canadians can be admitted as B-1 Visitors. B-1 entries are for those attending meetings, negotiating contracts, and in some case installing or servicing US companies pursuant to after sales contacts.
For more information about US Business Visas for Canadians, contact us at 416 410 7484 or email@example.com.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.