H-1B1 Visa for Chile and Singapore Professionals

H-1B1 Visa for Chile and Singapore Professionals

What is the H-1B1 Visa?

While other categories of the H visa allow all nationals to apply, the H-1B1 is specifically for Chile and Singapore. Every year 1,400 visas are issued to Chile and 5,400 visas are issued to Singapore. The visas are for professionals from each country. Typical fields are mathematics, engineering and business.

Who is Eligible for an H-1B1 Visa?

The person seeing an H-1B1 visa must a citizen of Singapore or Chile and posses a passport from either country.  The applicant must demonstrate that they occupy a professional position through diplomas, certificates and any other work documentation.

How Do I Apply for an H-1B1 Visa?

This is not a petition based visa which means that you do not need to be sponsored by an employer. However, your US employer will need to offer you a job that meets the educational and experience requirements. They will also need to obtain a Labor Condition Application. The certificate ensures that the new employee will be given a full wage, the work environment conforms to US laws, the government is aware of the work that is being completed and the government has a full record of the company information. The LCA is vital to show that you can work in your position legally. In order to apply, you will need to visit your local US embassy and you will need to complete for DS-160. After the paperwork has been completed, an interview needs to be scheduled. You will also need to pay the visa application fee and the visa issuance fee. Finally, all documentation needs to be sent to the US embassy either by courier or in person.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How long is the H-1B1 visa processing time?

The H-1B1 generally takes around 4 to 6 months to be processed.

How long is an H-1B1 valid for?

The H-1B1 visa is valid for 12 to 18 months.

Can I extend my H-1B1 visa?

You can apply for a one year extension 4 to 6 months before your visa is supposed to expire. You can apply for this one year extension indefinitely.

Can I change employers and keep my H-1B1 visa?

If you change employers you will need to have the new employer file for an LCA and they will need to file I-797A. The transfer must be approved before you can begin work.

Can I change my H-1B1 visa into another type of visa?

You may apply for another visa, excluding the Green Card, while on the H-1B1 visa. You will need to follow the specific procedures of the type of visa you are applying for.

Can I apply for a Green Card while in the US on an H-1B1 visa?

No, you will not be able to apply for a Green Card as an H-1B1 visa.

Are You Interested in an H-1B1 Visa?

If so, Contact VisaPlace today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals, and consultants who work for Niren and Associates an award-winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.

Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at 1-888-317-5770.

Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs?

Click here to fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form below and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.

The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.

About VisaPlace Immigration News Contributor- Morgan

Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

I could not have asked for more! The VisaPlace team are extremely professional, they know their stuff. They gave me great information, prepared my work visa application and then prepared me for the submission process. I was successful. Got my visa. 5 stars! I would give them 6 if I could.

Tim Willisin the last week

This is not an exaggeration!!! I was truly impressed with the way VisaPlace consultants handled my case. The consultants- Emily, Lauren, Takunda and Lisa, took their time to explain to me in great deal how they were going to approach my case and how they would handle setbacks, if any. Their professionalism and knowledge of the law were superb. The minor setback that came up was quickly addressed by the team. The team constantly kept me updated on the progress/status of my application; they quickly responded to my questions/concerns. They had predicated my permanent residency to be processed within 6 -12, and Indeed it was processed and completed within 6 months. Based on my personal experience, Emily and Lauren's team are the best! They deserve 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!

George Jakan'gayoa week ago

VisaPlace helped me sponsor my husband to become a Permanent Resident of Canada. They were extremely professional. Every step along the way was explained fully and expertly taken care of. The staff responded immediately to any questions and always handled our concerns fully, taking as much time as we needed to understand where we were at in the immigration process and what to expect next. I would recommend VisaPlace with no hesitation at all. I'm sure if we had tried to navigate the immigration process ourselves, it would have been much harder.

Shirley Corriveau2 weeks ago