How to get a TN Visa for the United States

Mostly everyone who wants to work in the United States must first obtain a United States work visa in order to do so. This means that even Canadian citizens with job offers from United States employers will need to apply for an be approved for a United States work visa before they can enter the country for work purposes. TN Visa Applications

There are many different types of these visas that Canadians and other foreign nationals can apply for. One of the more popular choices, which is only available to Canadian citizens, is the TN visa. This work visa is for Canadian citizens who have a job offer in the United States.

What are the requirements for a TN visa?

There are many strict requirements that applicants who want a TN visa must meet. Those requirements include:

The job offer from the United States employer must be for three years or less and be in a professional occupation that is listed on the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) list. This list includes occupations that require a higher level of skill and education than most professions. However, if your job does not appear on this list we can still help you. Give us a call!

You must be a Canadian citizen (or a citizen of Mexico) to apply for a TN visa, and you need to have a passport that will stay valid until your time in the Untied States is over. You will have to demonstrate that you have strong ties to Canada and that you will not overstay your visa.

You need to be able to demonstrate that you are qualified for the job you have been offered using your work experience, information about your education and a an up-to-date and well-formatted resume.

Do you want to apply for a TN visa to work in the United States? Give us a call, we can help you.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugh2 weeks ago

Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!

P Eyre2 weeks ago

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheong4 weeks ago