Tag Archives: denied entry to Canada

Pregnant With a Canadian Citizen? You May Still Be Denied Entry to Canada

denied entry to canada

Despite the fact that one of the mandates of Canadian immigration involves uniting diasporic immigrant families, there’s no guarantee Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will approve your sponsorship case just because you’re pregnant with the child of a Canadian citizen. In fact, even if one of your children is already a Canadian citizen, your application for a visa may still be denied.

In fact, even if one of your children is already a Canadian citizen, your application for a visa may still be denied.

The process of applying for a sponsorship visa involves quite a few steps, including the need to provide documentation and identification that proves you match the prerequisites for the program. If a Canadian immigration officer decides that your application doesn’t meet the necessary requirements, or misinterprets the information you’ve provided, being pregnant with a Canadian citizen won’t make a difference.

Bureaucratic Snafu May Prevent Reunion

When dealing with large government departments, there’s always a chance that you may end up in a bureaucratic catch-22. This is the situation that Faozia Salah, Osama Al-Raboai and their young family are struggling to overcome. Despite the fact that Osama and daughter Nada are Canadian citizens, Faozia has been denied legal entry into the country by the IRCC. Faozia is also pregnant with child, which means that the newborn will be a Canadian citizen, while the unborn child’s Mom may not be granted a visa.

Officially, immigration officials stated that the application had not satisfied the condition that the applicant “would leave Canada at the end of (her) stay as a temporary resident.” Considering that the application is meant to facilitate the reunion of a husband and two children, all three being Canadian citizens, it makes little sense to deny a temporary visa because she wants to join the rest of her family in Canada on a permanent basis.

When pressed for further details, the IRCC stated that there were other issues with paperwork, including an issue with a previous marriage, despite the fact that all the required documentation was provided. The case shows that all applicants should be ready to deal with unexpected complications when dealing with the IRCC.

Get Professional Help With Your Application

Are you interested in immigrating to the U.S. or moving to Canada? Contact VisaPlace today.

All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals and consultants who work for Niren and Associates an award winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.

Click here to book a consultation with an immigration professional or fill out our FREE assessment and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

Published on: June 27th, 2016Published by: Michael Niren

Can I Travel to Canada with a Criminal Record?

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Can I come to Canada with a criminal record? We get a lot of people asking us, what if I have a criminal record? Can I still get a visa? Can I enter Canada? Hello everyone, my name is Hishgee Bessey of visaplace.com. If you’re planning to apply for a permanent or a temporary status in Canada and you were charged or convicted of a criminal offense, you maybe found inadmissible to Canada. That means you can’t get in. Even if you are from a visa exempt country, you will be denied entry at the airport or at the land border if you are found inadmissible. This could be a problem especially if you are into your trip and spend money and time to travel. More importantly, you may not be able to attend the urgent and/or important matter. If you do not deal with your criminality, you should prior to your arrival.

Traveling to Canada with a Criminal Record

If you’re charged of any crime outside Canada regardless whether you’re charged was withdrawn or pardoned and you had a conditional sentence, you may be found inadmissible to Canada. But there’s a hope, depending on the nature of your visit and trip, and available time to address the concern, there are two options.

Applying for a Temporary Resident Permit

Option 1, for people who intend to visit Canada urgently due to work related matter or emergency family issues etc. If you’re in a such situation, you may be able to address your inadmissibility at the airport or at the Canadian consulate by submitting a temporary resident permit application or known as TRP. As the name suggests, it is a temporary solution and may allow you to enter Canada only once.

Criminal Rehabilitation Application

Second option, is criminal rehabilitation application, will allow you to remove your inadmissibility to Canada from your records, so in the future you may be able to travel to Canada with no obstruction. These applications are submitted to the consulate or visa office overseas, and it may take many months for processing. But if you approach this solution as permanent, if you have a past criminal record and want to cross the border, I suggest you to consider consulting immigration professionals to avoid any complication that may arise during the processing.

I hope my video was helpful and if you liked it, please click like and subscribe for more Canadian immigration videos.

Are You Interested in Traveling to Canada With a Criminal Record?

Normally, if you have a criminal record, you will not be allowed to enter Canada, unless you know how to prepare the ‘right’ paperwork. If you have a ‘reason’ to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, you may be issued a temporary resident permit (TRP). The big question is, do you know how fill a TRP application? Although its possible to file the application on your own, we do not recommend it.

At Visaplace, we have assisted a lot people to successfully attain a TRP so they can visit, work, or study in Canada and we are certain we can help you too!

Getting started is easy, simply fill our free online immigration assessment form here and we will get back to you (within 24 hours) to discuss your options.

Published on: June 8th, 2015Published by: Michael Niren

Chris Brown Denied Entry to Canada

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hi, this is Michael Niren immigration lawyer, and founder of Visaplace.com. The latest news in entertainment is that Chris Brown, the R&B rapper, 25 years old, was denied entry to Canada. He was coming to Canada to perform in Montreal, and in Toronto and was recently denied entry, most likely because of his past criminal history. He was charged with assault and failed to meet the terms and conditions of his probation in 2014. The most notorious offense was his alleged assault against pop singer Rihanna.

Celebrities Can Also Be Denied Entry to Canada

So, here we have a celebrity coming to Canada to perform and being denied entry at the port of entry. This happens a lot. Celebrities are not immune to the law, and regular folks will also have trouble crossing into Canada if they have a criminal past. So, what do you do? What does Chris Brown do? Well he’s going to have apply for a temporary resident permit at least, and his publicist I believe has said that he will be returning to Canada, and I assume that’s going to be after a TRP, a temporary resident permit application will be applied for.

Chris Brown Can Apply for a Temporary Resident Permit

As an American, he can apply for a TRP at the border, right away, and if it’s approved he’d be admitted, or the alternative is to apply at a Canadian consulate, and wait for the processing, however, that could take a number of months. Now, Mr. Brown’s offenses are fairly new, they’re recent. One in 2014, and then with Rihanna, I believe was 2013. So he has to make a case that if he’s going to enter Canada, and be here there won’t be a risk for him to offend, or re-offend while he is in the country, and that the risks don’t outweigh the positives, the reasons for his entry. I think he’ll succeed. I think he’s probably learned his lesson with respect to what happened in the past, hopefully.

What is the lesson learned?

A lot of ticket holders for his concerts are disappointed and understandably so. So anyway, lesson learned is that if you have a criminal record, you should before attempting to come to Canada, inquire about applying for a temporary resident permit, because that may be what you need to cross into Canada. So, we’ll see what happens with Chris Brown. Thank you for watching. My name is Michael Niren, immigration lawyer. Founder of Visaplace.com, and join us at www.visaplace.com.

Have you Been Denied Entry Into Canada? 

Have you been denied entry to Canada? Or do you think you might be denied entry when you try to enter? We can help you. We have literally helped thousands of people to successfully attain a TRP so they can visit, work, or study in Canada and we are certain we can help you too! All you have to do is fill our free online immigration assessment form here and we will get back to you (within 24 hours) to discuss your eligibility and immigration options

Published on: February 26th, 2015Published by: Michael Niren

Rapper M1 Denied Entry to Canada

M1-denied-entry-to-canadaAs recently reported by CBC News, Famous rapper Mutulu Olugbala (AKA M1), who makes up half of rap duo Dead Prez, was recently denied entry to Canada when he arrived at Montreal airport.

Although it’s not exactly clear why M1 was turned away by Canada Border Services Agency, the rapper has attributed the incident to “racial profiling”. M1 was travelling to La Grande Bibliothèque in downtown Montreal to appear at the opening event for Black History Month – run by the FRO Festival – on January 31.

M1 Denied Entry to Canada, Blames “Inconsistent Policies”

After he was denied entry to Canada, the rapper used his smartphone to record a video at Montreal airport. In it, he said: “I’m here today to report to you that I have been denied entry to Canada because of their miscellaneous policies which I can sometimes attribute to racial profiling.” Unsurprisingly, the rapper also claimed to be “livid” at the “inconsistent policies” of CBSA.

BerekYah Yergeau, co-founder of FRO Foundation, stated that she did not know the exact circumstances in which M1 was denied entry to Canada. She said it was possible that M1 may have had an infraction on his criminal record, although this would seem unlikely seeing as the rapper had successfully entered Canada several times since then.

Yergeau also explained that she had not made arrangement’s to obtain a work visa for M1, due to him donating his time freely to the FRO Foundation.

Luckily, M1 was still able to participate in the event via Skype, while CBSA said it was unable to comment on the details of his entry refusal at Montreal airport due to concerns over privacy.

Despite this, spokeswoman Jacqueline Roby issued a the statement below:

“Admissibility of all travellers is decided on a case-by-case basis and based on the information made available at the time of entry. Several factors are used in determining admissibility into Canada, including involvement in criminal activity, human rights violations, involvement in organized crime, security, health or financial reasons.”

“The assessment of travellers is solely based on the legislation. Every year we welcome millions of travellers from every race and religion and from all parts of the world.”

It’s clear we don’t know the full story when it comes to rapper M1’s denial, but what we can take away from this is how important it is to follow Canada’s strict guidelines, as even celebrities travelling for good causes can be denied entry.

Have you Been Denied Entry to Canada?

Have you tried to enter Canada and were refused? Or do you think you may be refused if you try to enter Canada? Whether you have a criminal record like a DUI or something even more serious, you may still be admitted into Canada as long as you have the ‘right’ paperwork in order. At Visaplace, we have literally helped thousands of people enter Canada stress free. We can help you too. All you have to do is fill our free immigration online assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your Canadian immigration options.

Published on: February 9th, 2015Published by: Michael Niren

Buddy “the Cake Boss” Could Be Denied Entry to Canada due to DUI

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hi, this is Michael Niren, immigration lawyer and founder of VisaPlace.com. The Cake Boss, Buddy Valastro, has allegedly been charged with a DUI. Now why this is interesting from an immigration perspective, is that if he’s in fact convicted, he may be prevented from entering Canada. Not to say that he wants to come to Canada, but if he ever does, he would have a criminal record, and the Canadian authorities, the border authorities, the CBSA they’re called, Canadian Border Service Agency, officers could potentially deny him from entering Canada, and he may have to apply for a special permit called the temporary resident permit, or TRP, to be admitted.

Denied Entry to Canada Due to a Criminal Record 

So the consequences of being convicted of an offense are not just that you would have a criminal record in your own country, but if you want to cross borders and come to Canada, you may be prevented from doing so.

Even Celebrities can be Denied Entry to Canada

And even if you’re the Cake Boss and a famous person, you still would potentially be subject to a bar from entry, and individuals like Mike Tyson, even Martha Stewart, have had some legal issues in terms of being admitted to Canada, so just because you’re a celebrity, doesn’t mean you’re exempt from the law. So, Buddy, the Cake Boss, had to worry about not just his conviction but potentially having him be prevented from entering Canada. If you like this video, click Like, and don’t forget to visit us at www.VisaPlace.com.

Have you Been Denied Entry to Canada due to DUI?

Have been denied entry to Canada due to DUI? Or do you think you may be refused if you try to enter Canada?  We know that it is a very stressful and disrupting experience. Whether you have a criminal record like a DUI or something even more serious, you may still be admitted into Canada as long as you have the ‘right’ paperwork in order. That is where we at Visaplace can help you. We work with qualified immigration lawyers who can help you. Contact us to book a consultation.

Published on: December 24th, 2014Published by: Michael Niren

Possible Denied Entry to Canada for Julien Blanc

(Below is a transcription of this video)

“Surrounding the Proposed Entry to Canada” by Julien Blanc. He’s a notorious pickup artist who writes books and gives seminars on how to “pick up women.” And there’s been a social media campaign to have him barred entry to Canada, preventing him from entering Canada. In Australia, the Immigration Minister, did just that in terms of allowing him to enter Australia.

Why he was Denied Entry 

Why? Morally, the minister, I suppose, found it offensive that he was promoting some misogynist ideas about picking up women and using some underhanded techniques, etcetera. Look, it is maybe the case that his guy is morally offensive, controversial, someone who you definitely don’t want your daughter to date, but is that a ground for denying him entry into a democratic and supposedly free country? Absolutely not. This gentleman, or let’s not call him a gentleman, this speaker is not violating anyone’s rights, is not going out there and hurting anybody physically. He may be saying some controversial things, which are very offensive, but how do you fight against that?

You protest, you counter his ideas, but you don’t get the government to put a wall in front of him so he can’t exercise his mobility rights, rights that we all take for granted unfortunately. So look, I’m not saying I’m in support in any way, shape or form of his ideas, but I do defend his right to speak. And the freedom of speech is extremely, extremely important in a free and demographic society.

Reasons for Inadmissibility in Canada

In Canadian law, individuals are not permitted to enter Canada based on criminality and or posing danger to the public. Communicable diseases, in some cases, could result in a bar of entry. There are some legitimate grounds for the government to deny your entry. And if you want to enter and if you fit in one of those categories, you can apply for a temporary resident permit, which would, if it’s approved, would allow you to enter Canada for a limited time.

But this individual has committed no offense, is not a danger to the public in terms of the potential of committing an offense. So I really think that the government should not use its power to moralize, to prevent individuals based on what it perceives as morally offensive grounds. That’s a dangerous and slippery slope. And Canadians should be well aware of the dangers of allowing the government to dictate morality using its power for entry and exits to Canada. Thank you and have a great day.

Have you Been Denied Entry Into Canada? 

Have you been denied entry to Canada? Or do you think you might be denied entry when you try to enter? We can help you. Contact us today to learn more about your options if you have been denied entry.

Published on: December 19th, 2014Published by: Michael Niren

Felony Entry into Canada


Any person with a criminal conviction may be considered inadmissible to Canada on the grounds of security. An individual can be considered inadmissible to Canada for a either a felony or a misdemeanor offense.  Canada has been known for especially strict entry requirements when it comes to persons with felony convictions.

Felony Entry within Canada

Felony convictions and other serious offenses will make a person inadmissible to Canada or the United States regardless of when they occurred, generally speaking.  Those with a felony are also likely be stopped if they have a warrant out for their arrest, have pending charges, or a trial in process.

The Temporary Residence Permit

A Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) may be issued to individuals who are inadmissible to Canada due to health or security. A TRP should not be confused with a Temporary Residence Visa, or TRV, which is required of all individuals who are citizens of countries requiring a visa for travel to Canada, regardless of their personal history. An applicant from one of these countries who has a non-rehabilitated criminal conviction must apply for both a TRP and TRV. Applicants from visa-exempt countries, such as the United States, who have non-rehabilitated criminal convictions, need only a TRP for travel to Canada.

In most cases, when 5 years have passed from completion of the sentence, a foreign national is eligible to apply to Canadian immigration authorities for rehabilitation.

Eligibility for Criminal Rehabilitation

It does not matter how lightly or severely a given crime is treated in the country where it occurred. What is important is the gravity of the offense, as per Canada’s federal criminal code. Once the equivalence has been established, it is important to determine the maximum sentence that could be imposed by law, as this will determine the type of criminal rehabilitation required. Here are the eligibility criteria for criminal rehabilitation:

  1. 5 years must have passed since the full sentence or sentences were completed, including jail time, fines, and probation.
  2. You must have been convicted of, or admitted to committing the act.
  3. You must have committed an act outside of Canada that would constitute an offence under a Federal statute.

Are You Interested in Entering Canada with a Felony?

If you have immigration questions, VisaPlace is here to guide you through the immigration process. We work with qualified immigration lawyers who can help you with your entry to Canada. Contact us to book a consultation.

Published on: October 29th, 2014Published by: Michael Niren

10 Most Common Reasons You May Be Denied Entry to Canada


Few travel experiences are more frustrating, inconvenient and humiliating than arriving in a foreign country only to be denied entry at the port. This is especially disheartening if you have arrived on business or to tend to a family emergency.

10 Common Reasons for Denied Entry to Canada

Upon traveling to Canada, you may have been unpleasantly surprised with an entry denial based on a criminal offense, medical reason or something different. Learn the 10 most common reasons a port of entry officer may refuse you entry to Canada and what you can do to prevent it from happening again.

Most Common Types of Inadmissibility

The condition of being ineligible for entry into a country is called inadmissibility. In Canada, there a two main types: criminal inadmissibility and medical inadmissibility. Reasons outside of these fall into the “other” category.

Criminal Inadmissibility

Even minor or very old offenses are taken very seriously by Canadian border officials. This is true even if the offenses occurred in countries other than Canada. Having a criminal record is the most common reason for being denied entry into the country.

1. Past Criminal Conviction

You maybe denied entry to Canada if you have been convicted of a crime. This counts for both minor and serious crimes that are illegal in both Canada and the country where the crime was committed. Examples include drug possession, theft, reckless driving driving under the influence, assault, manslaughter and resisting arrest.

2. Involved in human rights violations

These include war crimes, crimes against humanity, or being in a senior position in a government that has been internationally sanctioned or is responsible for gross human rights violations.

3. Involved in organized crime

Proof of past or present involvement with a gang, mafia, terrorist group or other organized crime group is grounds for being denied entry to Canada

There are two ways you can overcome criminal inadmissibility to Canada. They are the Temporary Residency Permit (TRP) and criminal rehabilitation.

Medical Inadmissibility

Subsection 38(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) covers inadmissibility based on health grounds. According to this subsection, a medical officer is tasked with assessing the permanent resident or foreign national’s health, taking into account any official medical documentation pertaining to the person.

4. Endangerment to Public Health or Safety

During the assessment, the officer will consider the communicability of any disease the person has as well as the potential impact of that disease on the health and safety of the Canadian public. For example, you may be denied entry if you have hepatitis, influenza, measles or other communicable disease. Non-communicable diseases such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder which may be associated with the risk of violent outbursts or irrational behavior are also grounds for medical inadmissibility.

5. Potential to Cause Excessive Demands on Health or Social Services

Medical inadmissibility includes an excessive demand component. A person can be denied admission if they are deemed to have a condition whose treatment could create a drain on the Canadian healthcare system. Spouses and common-law partners of Canadian sponsors are exempt from the excessive demand clause.

In some cases, your lawyer can help you apply for a TRP to have your medical inadmissibility excused or apply for humanitarian and compassionate discretion (H&C) which takes into account public policies and the interests of directly affected minor children.

Other Types of Inadmissibility

6. Financial Reasons

This results from a failure to prove your ability to support yourself and your family financially. If you cannot prove that you have a meaningful income from skilled work, entrepreneurship or investments, you may be deemed a burden or potential burden to the Canadian government and denied entry to Canada as a result.

7. Misrepresentation

This includes withholding material facts that would hamper the enforcement of Canadian immigration laws as set forth by IRPA or falsifying said information.

As an example, if you are seeking immigration sponsorship from a Canadian citizen and forge their signature on your application, you are guilty of misrepresentation. The same is true if you falsify your age or marital status to immigrate under a certain class. Misrepresentation is taken very seriously can could result in a two-year ban from the country or jail time. A lawyer can help you overcome this decision based on the facts of your case.

8. Failure to Comply with Any Provision of IRPA

Examples of non-compliance with IRPA include working or studying in Canada without proper permits, seeking unauthorized re-entry into the country following deportation or being a permanent resident who has failed to meet the residency obligation, that is, not being physically located in Canada for at least two of the last five years. Failure to comply with IRPA may result in the issuance of a Removal Order.

If you have received a Removal Order, you may regain entry to Canada by obtaining an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) document. Once you apply for an ARC, be advised that you will be required to reimburse the Canadian government for removal costs before the ARC is issued.

9. Possible Overstays

You may be denied entry to Canada if the government suspects that you will overstay your visit or if they have evidence that you have done so in the past. For instance, if you went to college in Canada and remained in the country beyond your student visa’s expiration date, you may be denied entry to Canada. In this case, you will need an ARC.

10. Having an Inadmissible Family Member

If you are traveling with a family member who is inadmissible for any of the above reasons, you too are inadmissible.

Keep in mind that this information is for reference  and is not intended to assess inadmissibility. Your inadmissibility must be determined by Canadian authorities upon your arrival at their borders.

Potential Solutions for Inadmissibility

In many cases in which an inadmissibility ruling has been determined, other steps may be available, for the individual in question, to gain admittance to Canada. Below are two such solutions:

Temporary Residency Permit (TRP)

The Temporary Residency Permit is a type of visa that permits you to enter Canada on a temporary basis and is valid for up to three years. They can be obtained at the Canadian consulate or embassy and can take six to eight months to process. In some cases, an emergency TRP can be issued on the spot if you can persuade officials that urgent entry is required.

TRP applicants must complete a personality profile, personal account of the crime, and other paperwork that proves the criminal offense was an isolated event, that you are not a threat to the citizens of Canada and you are deserving of entry.

Criminal Rehabilitation

For criminal inadmissibility, a more long-term solution is Criminal Rehabilitation. You can qualify for this remedy five years after the offense and following satisfactory completion of  the Criminal Rehabilitation Certificate program. Once you are certified, you can enter the country as many times as you would like without having to repeatedly apply for a TRP.

Some offenses require 10 years to pass after serving your sentence before you can be considered for any form of admissibility including the TRP.

Have You Experienced Denied Entry to Canada?

If you have been denied entry to Canada, you may benefit from legal counsel. We at VisaPlace work with qualified immigration lawyers who are not only experienced in such matters, but are also happy to help. Contact us to book a consultation.

If you have found this post helpful and would like more information on being denied entry to Canada, visit our website at  www.visaplace.com, filling out our form or giving us a call.

Published on: October 18th, 2014Published by: Michael Niren

Government to Revoke Passports of Suspected Terrorists

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hi, this is Michael Niren, immigration lawyer and founder of visaplace.com. The Canadian government is threatening to revoke passports of Canadian citizens abroad who are allegedly participating in terrorist activities.

Revoking Passports of Suspected Terrorists

Now this is a very serious development. Generally speaking, I support the government’s initiative, in principle. What I mean is that individuals who are, in fact, participating in terrorist activities should be considered as enemies of the state. And therefore, passport revocation in such circumstances may indeed be appropriate. However, the government has been very vague as to how they intend to pursue this. It could raise some serious human rights issues.

Passport Revocation May Lead to ‘Slippery Slope’

Canadian citizens have a right to a passport. They have a right to be Canadian citizens, if they are Canadian citizens. The government does have the power to revoke, but the concern is will they do it arbitrarily. What are the standards? What kind of evidence do they require to pursue revocation? So, in principle, this is one situation where I do support the current administration in its efforts to combat terrorism and protect Canadian citizens. However, it could lead to some slippery slope where individuals will be threatened with losing their Canadian citizenship who may, in fact, not be active participants in terrorist organizations.

For example, if individuals have certain ideologies which perhaps may not be in line with the mainstream Canadian point of view, that is not enough, in my opinion. We live in a democracy to threaten anyone with revocation. So there has to be some standards applied and released to the Canadian public so they know what the government is going to be doing with respect to this initiative. Hopefully, we’re going to get more clarity on this.

Thank you and have a great day.

Are You Interested in Immigrating to Canada?

If you have immigration questions, VisaPlace is here to guide you through the Canadian immigration process. We work with qualified immigration lawyers who can help you with your Canadian visa application. Contact us to book a consultation.

Published on: October 13th, 2014Published by: Michael Niren

How to Enter Canada with a DUI

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hi, my name is Michael Niren. I’m an immigration lawyer, founder of visaplace.com. I’m here to talk today about individuals who unfortunately have a DUI and who are interested in coming to Canada to cross our borders and potentially visit, work, or study.

Entering Canada with a DUI

A DUI is considered a serious offense in Canada and could potentially prevent you from entering Canada. The situation for those individuals could be a problem if they don’t have the required permit to cross into Canada.

Temporary Residence Permit

So, how it works is that if you have a DUI, depending upon how old the offense is, how long ago it was, you may need a special permit.They’re called a Temporary Residence Permit or TRP. If you’re an American, for example, you can potentially apply for a TRP at the border. There are pros and cons to doing this. Obviously, the pro is to get one right away. The con is that if you’re refused, you’re going to be turned back.

Applying for a Temporary Residence Permit

The more standard approach to applying for a TRP is at an embassy, a Canadian embassy or consulate. However, that could take a number of months. Regardless, when you apply for a TRP, you need a lot of paperwork. You have to have copies of your offense, a personal statement, for example, as to what happened, supporting documentation showing that you have been rehabilitated, and reasons for your entry into Canada.

Seeking Rehabilitation

Now, if your offense was really old, say, 5 or 10 years ago, there’s a possibility you can apply for what is called Rehabilitation, Criminal Rehabilitation. What that really means is that you’ll get a special certificate from the Canadian government that will allow you to enter Canada like a regular person without any special temporary permit. The Rehabilitation application can take a long time, six months, in some cases even longer, and it’s applied for at the Canadian embassy, not at the port of entry.

Are You Interested in Entering Canada with a DUI?

So, if you have a DUI and you have an interest in coming to Canada, you have to likely consider applying for either a TRP or a criminal rehabilitation application. In some cases, you can apply for both.

If you have an urgent need for crossing through border and you want to apply for criminal rehabilitation because you actually qualify for it, please give us a call. If you need help, we process a lot of TRPs and criminal rehab applications. You can go to our website at www.visaplace.com, and we’ll be happy to discuss your case in confidence. Thank you and have a great day.

Contact our experienced team today, and let us help you with your Temporary Residence Permit or  Rehabilitation application.

Published on: September 5th, 2014Published by: Michael Niren