Get Answers to Your Visa Questions! Call 1.866.929.0991

US & Canada Immigration News

Toll-Free: 1-866-929-0991

Outside of North America: +1-416-410-7484

Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and immigration options.

How to bring my Parents or Grandparents to Canada

We are dedicated to helping families come together. Citizens and permanent residents are now able to bring over their parents or grandparents on a Super Visa. As of December 1 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa.

The Super Visa could be valid for up to 10 years and allows the applicant to stay in the country for up to 24 months at a time without having to renew the visa.

Understanding the Grandparent and Parent Super Visa

Currently, most visitors that enter Canada must renew their visa every 6 months and every time they do so they must pay a new fee. With the Grandparent and Parent Super Visa this allows an individual to stay in the country without having to renew their visa for up to 2 years.

Basic Requirements

  • Must be the Parent or Grandparent of a Permanent resident or Canadian Citizen.
  • Found admissible to Canada and;
  • Must meet other conditions outlined by the CIC

Processing Times

The processing times for the Super Visa vary depending on the Visa Office.

In Order to extend your stay you must apply 30 days before your visa expires.


Need more information about Super Visas?

Please do not hesitate to give us a call, we will assess your matter and provide you with an in depth consultation and set your mind at ease. We are here to assist you, contact us today.

You can also securely book an immigration consultation online here

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

Leave a Comment:

Your email address will not be published.


The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.