Sponsoring A Refugee In Canada

Although Canada is a peaceful country and we have freedom of speech, freedom to do as we please and have the ability to lead a rather normal life it isn’t so for many people all around the world. When a country is stricken with war and famine all someone could ever dream of is ending up in a country where they don’t have to fear for their lives anymore.

The Government of Canada has made it possible to sponsor a Refugee. You are able to sponsor a refugee for up to 3 years. While they are here you would provide them with all necessities and financially support them.

What You Need To Know About Sponsoring A Refugee

Sponsoring a refugee is a great opportunity to help someone and their family escape the situation they are facing in their home country. Here are some things you will need to know:

Would You Like To Help Someone In Need?

Please keep in mind that the individual being sponsored must pass medical exams and have police clearance. A group of 5 or more Permanent Residents over the age of 18 are eligible to sponsor the individual. If you do make the decision to sponsor a Refugee you must be there to emotionally them for the duration of their stay.

We Are Here To Help

Here at Niren and Associates we are dedicated to helping you help others. Contact us and we will be more than glad to assess your situation. We are here to help!

Note: Effective October 19, 2012, community sponsors may only sponsor applicants who are recognized as refugees by either the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees or a foreign state.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • Ali Jawad

    I am originally from Somalia and have my family with 3 children.I have my mother, brothers and sister all Canadians residing in Vancouver BC.How can I be helped?

    Looking forward to eating from you.Thanks.

  • Muhammad shoaib

    Need Canada immigration

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.