Ontario PNP Program Allows Permanent Residence for International Students with a Job Offer
Ontario’s provincial nominee program (PNP), Opportunities Ontario, is giving international students who have a job offer with an Ontario employer the opportunity to secure permanent residency in Canada.
This is a new stream unrelated to the Masters Graduate Stream and the PhD Graduate Stream. The International Student with a Job Offer Stream includes students who are:
- About to graduate from one-year post-graduate degree or certificate programs
- About to graduate from two-year undergraduate diploma or degree programs.
For an international student to be eligible for permanent residency under this immigration stream, they can apply anytime between completing their final semester of school or within 24 months after graduating. The college or university where the student is currently studying does not have to be in Ontario, but it must be an eligible, publicly-funded Canadian university or college.
To qualify for Ontario PNP as International Students with a Job Offer Stream:
- Half of your studies must have been completed in Canada, with you graduating from an eligible publicly funded Canadian university or college. The list of colleges and universities is available here.
- You must have completed at least a two-year degree program or diploma on a full-time basis, or a one-year post-grad degree or certificate programs that already require a previous diploma or degree.
- The job offer must be either professional, managerial or in a skilled trade, which is NOC type 0, skill levels A or B. Your field of study does not have to be related to your job offer.
- The job offer must be full time and permanent, meaning it cannot be seasonal or sub-contracting work.
- You must have legal status in Canada if you are presently in Canada.
If you’d like to learn more or are interested in applying for the International Student with a Job Offer Stream, contact us using the form on the right or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
I cannot thank VisaPlace enough for their help. I had an issue with my immigration work that I needed professional help with. The team did a stellar job in making my case and I am greatly indebted to them. I worked directly with Alicea. She was extremely professional and responsive! Even after building my case and submitting my application, she was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had for several months after. I highly recommend the team and would come back in future if I have to. Thank you!
Visaplace was able to get myself my Visa, as well as many of my employees. They made my dreams of living in the USA and starting a company come true. Their process is clean, simple, and affordable. Thank you to the whole team for your incredible work!
I just cannot praise this place enough, staff is extremely helpful, very knowledgeable, all my questions were answered elaborately and not once I was confused from the answer. They do their best to get back to you as quick as possible after you have asked a question, I can actually sit down and praise this place all day and still there will be a lot more left to praise about, Richard, Lisa, Alicea, Rania, Caroline, and everybody else, such a great staff! I am finally permanent resident! It was a long journey but patience and hard work with a good Immigration Law Firm is the key from my experience! I would strongly recommend this place, VisaPlace I thank you very much for making my dream come true, every penny spent was completely worth it.