Ontario PNP Program Allows Permanent Residence for International Students with a Job Offer
Ontario’s provincial nominee program (PNP), Opportunities Ontario, is giving international students who have a job offer with an Ontario employer the opportunity to secure permanent residency in Canada.
This is a new stream unrelated to the Masters Graduate Stream and the PhD Graduate Stream. The International Student with a Job Offer Stream includes students who are:
- About to graduate from one-year post-graduate degree or certificate programs
- About to graduate from two-year undergraduate diploma or degree programs.
For an international student to be eligible for permanent residency under this immigration stream, they can apply anytime between completing their final semester of school or within 24 months after graduating. The college or university where the student is currently studying does not have to be in Ontario, but it must be an eligible, publicly-funded Canadian university or college.
To qualify for Ontario PNP as International Students with a Job Offer Stream:
- Half of your studies must have been completed in Canada, with you graduating from an eligible publicly funded Canadian university or college. The list of colleges and universities is available here.
- You must have completed at least a two-year degree program or diploma on a full-time basis, or a one-year post-grad degree or certificate programs that already require a previous diploma or degree.
- The job offer must be either professional, managerial or in a skilled trade, which is NOC type 0, skill levels A or B. Your field of study does not have to be related to your job offer.
- The job offer must be full time and permanent, meaning it cannot be seasonal or sub-contracting work.
- You must have legal status in Canada if you are presently in Canada.
If you’d like to learn more or are interested in applying for the International Student with a Job Offer Stream, contact us using the form on the right or email us at email@example.com.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Migrating is a hard task for anyone. Finding a job is even harder. Once I got a job offer, things started moving rapidly. So, I called used VisaPlace (Niren and associates) to assist with the process. Rania and Richard deserve the utmost respect in getting the job done. They have been patient with me and some set backs. Very professional.! Hands down, money was well spent. Thanks Rania and Richard, you make an awesome team. You'll definitely have a repeat customer with me !! I was very impressed at how well they were organized and had a positive experience. Very good and professional work led to a successful outcome. I highly recommend using VisaPlace.
I'll like to say I had an awesome initial consultation with Rania Abboud. She was knowledgeable, made the initial process easy and understood my situation. I am excited and hopeful to continue consulting this company. You do a great job for immigrants. Also, Natalie Walcz was great, she handled my situation professionally. Great team. Definitely assets to your company.
Completely smooth process. Rania did a great job in my Canada work permit. The team is absolutely competent and knowledgeable. Alicea was so amazing and was able to answer any of my questions immediately. I had peace of mind throughout the application. I would recommend them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications.