Ontario PNP Program Allows Permanent Residence for International Students with a Job Offer
Ontario’s provincial nominee program (PNP), Opportunities Ontario, is giving international students who have a job offer with an Ontario employer the opportunity to secure permanent residency in Canada.
This is a new stream unrelated to the Masters Graduate Stream and the PhD Graduate Stream. The International Student with a Job Offer Stream includes students who are:
- About to graduate from one-year post-graduate degree or certificate programs
- About to graduate from two-year undergraduate diploma or degree programs.
For an international student to be eligible for permanent residency under this immigration stream, they can apply anytime between completing their final semester of school or within 24 months after graduating. The college or university where the student is currently studying does not have to be in Ontario, but it must be an eligible, publicly-funded Canadian university or college.
To qualify for Ontario PNP as International Students with a Job Offer Stream:
- Half of your studies must have been completed in Canada, with you graduating from an eligible publicly funded Canadian university or college. The list of colleges and universities is available here.
- You must have completed at least a two-year degree program or diploma on a full-time basis, or a one-year post-grad degree or certificate programs that already require a previous diploma or degree.
- The job offer must be either professional, managerial or in a skilled trade, which is NOC type 0, skill levels A or B. Your field of study does not have to be related to your job offer.
- The job offer must be full time and permanent, meaning it cannot be seasonal or sub-contracting work.
- You must have legal status in Canada if you are presently in Canada.
If you’d like to learn more or are interested in applying for the International Student with a Job Offer Stream, contact us using the form on the right or email us at email@example.com.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.
Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.