Make Sure You Renew Your PR Card in Advance

Your permanent resident card is an important piece of documentation that services as proof of your status in Canada. It must be kept valid at all times while you are a permanent resident of Canada, but it does have an expiry date. permanent resident card

You will need to renew your permanent resident card (PR card) well in advance of its expiry to ensure that you are not without a valid permanent residency card. How long in advance should you submit your application?

Processing times for permanent resident card renewal applications are currently taking 73 calendar days to process as of March 27, 2013.

How to renew your permanent resident card

1. Make an application to renew your permanent resident card using the designated immigration form.

2. Ensure that you have read and that you understand all of the instructions on the application, and that you have not left any blank spaces on the application.

3. Compose your application package by following the instructions on the document checklist, which will let you know what you should include in your package.

4. Have your application package assessed by a licensed immigration lawyer, who will help you make sure that your application package is ready to be processed.

5. Submit your application to renew your permanent resident card.

While seemingly straightforward, not everything always goes smoothly with these applications. If you are concerned about meeting the residency requirement, you are currently outside of Canada or want to travel immediately and need your permanent residency card as soon as possible, please contact us for assistance. We have helped many people with their permanent residency card renewals, even people who are facing difficult obstacles with their applications. Call us at the number above for assistance.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheongin the last week

Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.

Setareh Rasaeiin the last week

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musa2 months ago