How to Renew Your PR Card 2019
Did you know that you are responsible for renewing your Canadian permanent resident card every five years before it expires? This means that you must take the necessary action to renew your PR card well before it expires. Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that you apply to renew your card at least six months before it expires, because applications can take at least three months to be fully processed.
Renewing your permanent resident card is not necessarily a simple process, because you need to make sure everything is done properly to avoid running into serious problems. In other words, renewing your permanent resident card is not just about filling out some forms, there is a lot more required.
Steps to renewing your permanent resident card in Canada
1. Complete the application to renew your permanent resident card fully without missing any spaces or sections.
2. Ensure that you have passport photos taken for your application, and ensure that they meet the requirements for your permanent resident card application.
3. Compile the necessary supporting documents for your application, which will include proof that you have met the residency obligation for permanent resident status.
4. Pay your processing fee, which is 50$. You need to include the receipt for the processing fee in your application package.
5. Have your application forms and application package reviewed by a licensed immigration lawyer or attorney. This will ensure that all of your supporting documentation is ready for review by an immigration lawyer and that there are no errors or omissions on your application.
Do you need to renew your permanent resident card? We can save you time and money as well as help you avoid a delay or a denial! Make sure you give us a call when it’s time to renew your permanent resident card.
Work with an Immigration Expert to Renew Your PR Card
Renewing your PR card can be challenging. An experienced immigration lawyer can help you navigate these challenges.
Are you interested in immigrating to the Canada? Contact VisaPlace today.
All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals include lawyers, licensed paralegals, and consultants who work for Niren and Associates–an award-winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.
Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.