Accelerated LMOs Coming Soon to a Canada
ALMOs are a great thing.They are a fast-track version for applications for Labor Market Opinions. Service Canada will now process Skilled Workers and some other Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) applications on an accelated basis. Canadian employers now don’t have to wait months and months to hire a TFW. Canada is getting the message that they have to be competitive in the global market place.
Highlights Regarding Accelerated LMOs in Canada
- Online applications
- TFW webservice
- Registration up front get employers registration so can e-sign
- Lawyers and third party can have access to it.
- Web service information is taken seriously and employers are to be held responsible
Employer Compliance Reviews
- The government will look at previous applications by employers (a 2 year look back) to ensure compliance.
- Look at wages and conditions and skills of TFW
- 30 days for employers to get Service Canada their documents they need
Employers must offer a TFW the prevailing wage in their occupation. The benchmark is now medium wage not average wage. Plus there is some flexibility:
- 15% high skilled wages and 5% low skilled. Employers can give information about their their offer to of wage and ask for some discretion (not applicable in Quebec)
- Employers must conduct advertising consistent with posted wage
Advertising and Recruiting
An Immigration Lawyer’s Job in Regards to an ALMO Application to Canada
Do You Need Help With Your ALMO Application?
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.