L-1 visas for the United States

If you are a foreign national or Canadian who is intent on expanding your business to the United States, the L1 work visa may be the perfect option for you. This visa is a specific visa for individuals who are transferring from a foreign company to a United States-based office of that same company. L1 Visa for the United States 2

Depending on your position with the company, these visas can be valid for five years or seven years, and in come cases they can even lead to permanent residency.

However, before you can apply for an L1 visa, you need to be sure that you meet all of the requirements.

Requirements for the L1 visa for the United States

The foreign company from which you are being transferred must be related to the United States office in a certain way. They must be a subsidiary, branch, affiliate, joint venture partner or a parent company of the United States office, while the foreign company must remain actively in business outside of the United States.

The L1 visa applicant themselves must be of a certain occupation at the company, such as a manager, specialized knowledge employee or an executive. In addition, the applicant will have to have been working at the company for at least one year full time before the transfer.
Are you going to be expanding your business to the United States, or are being transferred to the United States by your employer? If you think you are qualified for the L1 visa, please contact our immigration law firm. We have helped thousands of people immigrate to the United States for work purposes or other purposes, and we can help you explore your options. Give us a call at the number above for assistance. We are here to help you!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.