Do I qualify for an L-visa

The United States has a visa for foreign nationals who wish to expand their business to the United States, and this is a special type of United States work visa called an L1 visa. This visa is also available for foreign workers who are being transferred to the United States by their employer. L1 work visa

However, like all United States work visas and work permits, the L1 visa comes with several strict eligibility requirements that must be met in order for the applicant to be approved.

Requirements for the L1 visa to expand your business to the United States

Applicants who wish to apply for an L-1 visa must meet several requirements. They include:
Requirement 1: Applicants must have worked outside the United States for their foreign company for at least one full year within the last three, and as a full time employee.

Requirement 2: The applicant needs to have worked for a qualifying organization outside of the United States in a specific position, such as a specialized knowledge position, as a manager or as an executive.

Requirement 3: The applicant must also be being transferred to a United States business that has a specific relationship with the foreign company, either as a subsidiary, branch or affiliate.

The foreign business that is transferring you must continue to be active outside of the United States while you are working in the United States, but it does not matter whether the business is a small, medium or large business – all can apply for an L1 visa.

Are you a foreign business who wishes to expand to the United States, or a foreign worker who is being transferred to the United States by their employer? We can help you expand your business or work in the United States. Give us a call!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.